View Full Version : cartridge conversion ejection

May 30, 2010, 09:20 PM
I've never owned a cartridge conversion revolver (I'm dying to change my uberti 1851) but I've never understood how you eject a cartridge from the cylinder that way. Do you use the loading lever? And if you do, then how do you eject them if you take the loading lever off (which of course I want to)? I'm guessing by hand, but I can see how that is a tad impractical.

May 30, 2010, 10:11 PM
If you don't get the ejector version you remove the cylinder and punch them out with a pencil or something. Then reload cylinder and reinstall it.

May 30, 2010, 10:16 PM
sounds like it's a pain to do

Fingers McGee
May 30, 2010, 10:36 PM
The current models of the Uberti 1851 Man With No Name conversions come with a two piece loading lever. If you have a case that doesnt just fall out - and they usually do on the pair I have - the removable portion of the loading lever is there to punch it out. Using the front half of the lever is easier than it may seem.