PDA

View Full Version : Need a Recoil pad for a Savage 340B

Xfire68
May 11, 2010, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know where I should be looking for a new recoil pad for a Savage 340B that I am reconditioning? I was just going to put the stock Butt pad on but I remember shooting my buddy's 30.30 and it had a bit of a kick to it. Yes I know it's not all that bad but this is going to be used for target shooting and not limited hunting use.

troy_mclure
May 11, 2010, 01:42 AM
you can buy fitted limbsaver pads. cant beat them. they way tame the recoil of my 7mm mag.

bamaranger
May 11, 2010, 04:08 AM
The 340 series is old enough that I feel safe in saying you will not find a pre-fitted pad. And.....its your rifle, if you want a pad, go on!!!!

I sugggest you find a 'smith, or a trap and skeet club that can point you in the direction of somebody that does stock work, butt pad work regularly. The trap guys shoot a lot and often experiment w/ pads and comb heights, etc. Often times these stock fitting 'smiths will have boxes and boxes of premium pads just lying about, you could get a good deal.......

Anyhow...I can recommend the "kick-eeze" pad w/o reservation. They make a big difference in felt recoil.

I know some guys here in N. AL that are in this business if your close. YOu could ship the "stock only" if your not, but 340 stocks aren't common and I'd hate to see it damaged.

PM mail me if your interested......I'll put you in touch.

oneoldsap
May 11, 2010, 07:33 AM
The only downside to shipping the stock to the smith is that you aren't
there for fitting , and he doesn't have the trigger to measure to. The smiths only options will be to duplicate the present length of pull , just add the pad on to whats there , or you give him a measurement to cut to without actually fitting .