PDA

View Full Version : M-70 Yugo

salvadore
May 6, 2010, 08:41 PM
I'm interested in purchasing an AK and wondered if the yugo M-70 had anything going for it over the Romanian? I believe they are both assembled by Century. Thank you.

brian45auto
May 6, 2010, 09:00 PM
shoulder one before you buy.
they have a goofy stock geometry compounded by the one off stock design. a yugo is a yugo and nothing else really fits it.
the yugos were all about rifle grenades, and the rifles reflex this.
they use a heavier gauge metal for the receiver, and the front trunnion is rpk sized, not to mention the grenade sight/gas cut off. all in all makes for a semiauto gun that is heavier than it needs to be.
over all all some like them and some do not....mine just collects dust....

salvadore
May 6, 2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info Brian, are you talking about the under folding stock? I purchased an AK a few years ago and subsequently and foolishly sold it. It too had the grenade sight but no country marking, just the CAI stamp. Were the Yugos the only one that put that sight on?

stubbicatt
May 7, 2010, 09:39 AM
Say what you want about the Yugo. It is sort of awkward and the stock is cut strangely (the wooden buttstock that is), but the things are accurate. We were knocking the snot out of a bleach bottle at 325 yards with one using the iron sights. I liked it a great deal, but the gas block was horribly pitted on my example and it would not come clean. That bothered me so I sold it.

I would not hesitate to buy another, assuming that the parts were not all pitted.

N.H. Yankee
May 7, 2010, 05:41 PM
Eh, didn't they make a car once?:D OK I know different YUGO, but I have had a few AK's and the Yugo was about the least liked for me. Most of the negative has been gone over.