PDA

View Full Version : Timney Trigger for DPMS LR-308B?

countryboy1978
April 30, 2010, 08:17 AM
Hello i was wonder if anyone has any experience with a Timney AR-10 drop in trigger for a DPMS LR-308B I know from tons of research that the stock trigger is horrible and there are several different upgrades available for this replacement. I will be receiving this weapon pretty soon and the trigger is going to be the first thing i do to the weapon. How nice is the Timney drop in for this weapon compared with others? Thanks in advance!!

rickr
April 30, 2010, 08:51 AM
I purchased a Timney 3lb match for my Smith ar-15 and it was fantastic. Really easy to install too.
Got rid of the Smith but still have the timney..........

Jimro
May 1, 2010, 12:25 AM
I know from tons of research that the stock trigger is horrible and there are several different upgrades available for this replacement. I will be receiving this weapon pretty soon and the trigger is going to be the first thing i do to the weapon.

Research is fine. But until you hold the weapon in your hands and feel it for yourself, don't pass judgment on what needs an upgrade.

Odds are the rifle shoots better than you out of the box. Hold off for a few hundred rounds.

Jimro

wayne in boca
May 1, 2010, 03:27 AM
My LR308AP4 had a trigger that ,shall we say,was not up to the standards I desired.I sent my lower to JP and had the tactical trigger package installed.Worth every dime,and had it back in a week.Sweet.

velocette
May 1, 2010, 06:40 AM
I ordered my LR 308B from the factory with the JP trigger system installed. I had handled quite a few ARs and several stock DPMS rifles before ordering it and no way was I going to have a rifle with a trigger as bad as all of them.
It is my OPINION that if you have used rifles or pistols with good triggers, you will never be happy with what comes stock on most new firearms.
Creepy, gritty, stagey, sloppy, mushy, inconsitent, heavy, are all words to describe most modern firearms triggers. Most have more than one of the above maladies.

So; by all means buy your LR 308B either with the Timney installed or do it yourself as soon as you get the rifle. You will never regret it and your groups will get smaller for it.

Excellent choice in rifles by the way.

Roger

1911rocks
May 1, 2010, 06:53 AM
I have one and out of the box the trigger was, well, functional, but not what I wanted for maximizing accuracy. I went the 2 Stage RRA route. I have a RRA with a 2 Stage Trigger that I really liked so I ordered the RRA 2 Stage and Presto Chango, beautiful!!! $120.00 and 15 minutes and I was there.

hodaka
May 1, 2010, 09:08 AM
Put a Jewell in mine and I wish I could afford to put one in all of my AR's.