PDA

View Full Version : Used AK-47 Value?

Tangentabacus
April 29, 2010, 01:39 AM
I have an AK-47 that I have fired a good couple thousand rounds through. It's post ban and has no lug and is not threaded. It's a Romak stamped receiver with nothing special done to it. Except I have used my smithing skills to install a Tapco double hook trigger. It's still in good condition with no major mars, scratches, or dents. Other than standard wear and tear from operation of the rifle.

If you need more information don't be afraid to ask me. I was thinking that $400 was a fair price for all my effort that I put into the gun. I only paid $300 for it when I got it used.

Whattya guys think?

WoofersInc
April 29, 2010, 02:06 AM
Well... You can find WASR 10's for around $350-400 on a regular basis now.

The Romak receivers are Romanian if I am correct and that is what most of the Century guns are. This will not add to the price of the gun.

Now, Romak is usually used to refer to the PSL rifles. For instance you will see Romak-3 when refering to these. Although you will see Romak-1 listed which is the standard looking AK.

Considering the current prices of them, plus the fact that yours does not have the current features of barrel threading and bayonet lug, I would say price would be $250-$275. Also sorry to say, but admitting that you have done home gunsmithing on a gun does not help with pricing. All of the current ones from Century have the Tapco trigger in them already also..

$400 is not going to get much action on this gun sorry to say..

Tangentabacus
April 29, 2010, 03:47 AM
Considering that the average AK price here in Alaska is about $550 at a good shop I think that $400 is a decent price.

I forgot to mention what is going with it. The buyer is getting 2 Tapco mags, complete ATI and original wooden furniture, side mounting rails, and a red dot scope. Oh, not to mention the gun itself.

Now, how does that seem?

Quentin2
April 29, 2010, 05:23 PM
I would think a used basic AK in good condition could go for $400 (with all accessories). But you're competing against a new WASR at the same price that will have the bayonet lug, threaded barrel with slant brake, magazines, sling and maybe a bayonet and cleaning kit. If no luck at $400 you may have to drop the price a little.

Maybe being in Alaska changes things a bit, I don't know.

predator86
April 29, 2010, 10:13 PM
private sales of aks up here wasr's bring 550-600, gun store prices on wasr's are more in the 450-525 range...

you could list that in your local classifieds for 500 bucks and i bet it would sell, or ask 500 and take 450 whatever...the only ak's that bring under 400 bucks are single stacks.....

essohbe
May 1, 2010, 09:04 PM
If you have mags with it, I'd throw a magazine or two in then and ask $450.