PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal AK-47:Need some reassurance here

darko
April 27, 2010, 10:49 AM
Okay guys, I just ordered an Arsenal AK-47 (SGL21-61) and need a little reassurance that I made a good choice, (if not please lie to me:rolleyes:) How do you Arsenal owners feel about this rifle. Also, I ordered through Atlantic Firearms, has anyone had experience with them, good or bad?

ostrobothnian
April 27, 2010, 11:31 AM
FWIW, my cousin in Finland bought an Arsenal last year and has been very pleased with its fit, finish and performance. The reason he opted for the Arsenal is because he couldn't justify the expense of a Valmet. ;)

RT
April 27, 2010, 01:29 PM
A SGL-21 is a great Russian stamped Ak. I think you made a good choice and you'll be happy.

Beentown71
April 27, 2010, 06:24 PM
I am currently converting my Saiga to be just like your SLG-21. Says something right:D Well I am putting a side folder on instead.

Beentown

smax
April 27, 2010, 06:36 PM
I have an SGL20 (pretty much an SGL21 without an accessory lug) and it's a great AK. Good choice!

TPAW
April 27, 2010, 08:10 PM
From my other post:

The Arsenal AK is a very fine tool. It is made in America. I would look for the one that has the solid block steel receiver. It is built like a tank and very accurate. I bought a SAM 7 many years ago and would not part with it. Extremely reliable and accurate. Probably the most accurate AK I ever fired, and I've shot quite a few. At 100 yards with the original factory sights, I can consistently hit a tennis ball. Not too bad for 62 year old eyes. They are pricey, so try to find a used one. If you do get one, shoot different brands of ammo to see what the AK likes to eat. Good luck!

aroundchicago
April 27, 2010, 08:14 PM
Dude......you just bought the best AK....OK?

bfoosh006
April 27, 2010, 08:37 PM
Don't worry, you will be very happy!

EdInk
April 27, 2010, 08:53 PM
Arsenal makes some of the finest AK's in the world.

darko
April 28, 2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, I am now fully reassured that I did the right thing. In fact, I can't wait for the dang thing to hurry up and get here:D

scott1q1
April 29, 2010, 01:56 PM
I bought an sgl21 about 5 months ago, like it alot. Been alot of fun to shoot and no trouble out of it:)

TPAW
May 1, 2010, 06:14 PM
Just an added note on the Arsenal AK and it's accuracy. My son took his Arsenal Sam 7 out to his friends farm today and set up a dinner sized table plate made of steel, 250 yards from his bench. With his factory open sights, and after a few practice shots and adjusting his sights, he was hitting the metal plate every time. His ammo was the cheap 154 grain wolf ammo.
The steel plate was spray painted yellow so he could see it.

MartinBrody
May 1, 2010, 06:22 PM
Dude......you just bought the best AK....OK?

Yeah I'll second that. If I had to recommend an AK, that would be the one. I have an Arsenal SLR-106 and would love to sell it and get a SGL21 but the SLR is so perfect I could never part with it.

SouthCali
May 1, 2010, 06:22 PM
His ammo was the cheap 154 grain wolf ammo.

Not saying you should use an expensive ammo, by any means, but WOLF AMMO is terrible to put thru youre weapon!:barf:

TPAW
May 1, 2010, 06:27 PM
Not saying you should use an expensive ammo, by any means, but WOLF AMMO is terrible to put thru youre weapon!

I agree, but it's all he had at the time and just put 20 through and then a good cleaning. Spent the rest of the day with his .308 and .17.