PDA

View Full Version : Rembushpul ACR

flight954
April 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
Well I finally got to handle a Basic ACR at the gunshow this past weekend and I was pretty impressed with the overall fit and finish. I can see why it took them 3 years to finally get it to market. The ergos are real nice although it's a tad heavier than the SCAR. I would love to shoot one to check out the trigger before slapping down $2K.

Venom1956
April 21, 2010, 02:54 PM
I handled one about a month ago. I know a guy who knows some people. ;) It is heavier then the SCAR-L but I does have its merits I'd be happy with either.

RT
April 21, 2010, 03:35 PM
I would prefer a SCAR especially for the price Bumhamster is currenly charging.

Ridge_Runner_5
April 21, 2010, 08:37 PM
Considering you could buy a SCAR-L and an ACOG for it for the price of a similarly-equippied ACR, its hardly a tough choice...

rjrivero
April 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
This months American Rifleman has a nice writeup on the ACR. It retains a lot of the Magpul design, but man is it pricey.

Venom1956
April 22, 2010, 12:36 PM
oh wait I believe the ACR has a poly trigger assembly with a 'ARish' grip, Where as the SCAR I believe can accept any current after market AR grip. That was my one MAJOR issue between them. :D Personally they both excel in the one thing I wish the AR did better... stock ergonomics. The standard adjustable stock IMO leaves something to be desired, not that a nice after market one wouldn't solve the problem.

His suppressed FA UMP .45 was also awesome, That was wicked cool and even with the can it was shorter then either. Loved it.

flight954
April 22, 2010, 01:53 PM
His suppressed FA UMP .45 was also awesome, That was wicked cool and even with the can it was shorter then either

I was considering building a civilian USC/UMP conversion SBR for my next project. It ain't cheap:eek:

RockyMtnTactical
April 23, 2010, 04:00 PM
I want a Magpul Masada, not a Bushmaster ACR. BIG DIFFERENCE!