PDA

View Full Version : Teludyne Tech Industries

ndking1126
April 19, 2010, 06:05 PM
Has anyone heard about these guys or their Straightjacket product? My dad sent me a link to them, as he lives just a minutes down the road. All I can find is their website and a lengthy, ugly post on THR.

I don't recommend we start up a discussion like theirs, but the one post that cost my attention was the guy who was doubly suspicious before receiving a pm from the OP which made his suspicion go way down. I don't know.. sounds interesting, but I would think more would be available online by now.

ndking1126
April 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
bump?

Anyone?

Bud Helms
April 20, 2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.teludynetech.com/

johnwilliamson062
April 20, 2010, 09:56 PM
$400 additional dollars for 2 inch groups...
You can buy a stevens rifle which beats that for less than the additional cost
I don't think this sounds like a good deal at all.

ndking1126
April 21, 2010, 03:49 PM
johnwilliamson062, how do you know their products produce 2" groups?

Jim Watson
April 21, 2010, 04:59 PM
I have been following the dueling plugola threads on that product.
Looks interesting in the technical sense, but I wonder where they see a market.
Pay $300+ to make your $100 milsurp shoot like a sporting rifle?
... to make a sporting rifle shoot like a target rifle? (Yet to be demonstrated.)
... to make a target rifle do what? I guess if you had plenty of time and money you might try to demonstrate longer barrel life with a first class barrel and their sleeve/heat sink shooting first class ammo.

DT Guy
April 22, 2010, 11:31 AM
If they can't spell 'reinforced' they don't get to do any 'technology work' on my rifle.

It's a hard and fast rule I have.....:)

Larry

TRguy
April 22, 2010, 12:24 PM
looks like a poor answer to a question nobody is asking.

TRguy
April 22, 2010, 12:26 PM
BTW they don't really mention the added weight of this product. That is a big factor, especially on a sport hunting rifle. I DON'T wanna lug around couple extra pounds of steel walking through the woods.

Grade: FAIL