View Full Version : returning to original caliber

March 22, 2010, 04:59 PM
I have a Colt New Service that was originally in 455 Eley but has been altered to shoot 45 Colt. I have located an original unaltered cylinder in 455 Eley and would like to have it returned to its original caliber. Anyone know what all this entails?

Also the barrel stamp that says "New Service 455 Eley" has been polished and now says "New Service 45" followed by a flat spot. Does anyone have a 455 Eley stamped barrel (5 1/2") that they would part with, or perhapsa wrecked parts gun with this barrel? Thanks.

James K
March 22, 2010, 06:50 PM
If you are lucky, that cylinder will fit right in and headspace perfectly. If not, you will have problems, since fitting a Colt cylinder is not easy. If you are not up to it, you might try www.cylinder-slide.com and see what they say.

I don't know if they do it or not, but they might know someone (Turnbull's?) who can recut that caliber marking.