PDA

View Full Version : .50 Cal. Bolt Action Rifles

Kansas Shooter
January 31, 2010, 09:21 PM
I have a friend who expressed interest in buying a bolt action, .50 caliber rifle and wanted to know about some of the more resonably priced manufacturers. Not knowing much about anyone other than Barrett, I thought I'd post a question here. I have seen a couple of .50's sell at gun shows for somewhere in the $3,000.00 range, but he seemed to remember hearing of one selling for under 2K. I wasn't sure about that, and I was more interested in where he was planning to shoot the thing, so I could plan to be 10 miles in the other direction!

Any insight would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Marty

Freight_Train
January 31, 2010, 09:25 PM
I love my State Arms(Now East Ridge).What ever you do stay far FAR away from Hesse and Vulcan.THey are the same guns.They just changed their name to hide from all death trap scrap metal they made.They are also the only gun banned from use in FCSA shooting events due to so many of them blowing up or blowing the bolt out the back.

skeeter
February 1, 2010, 02:31 AM
Barrett has the most experience and makes a great rifle in the 99. I do not like Steyr (HS50) because they sold their 50's to Iran and they are being used against our men in Iraq.
99's can be bought for $3200 without a scope if you look. One was recently sold for $2700 new in box on one of the gun forms.

wayne in boca
February 1, 2010, 04:15 AM
I have a Serbu BFG50 that selss for 2195.00 plus the bipod (and you do want the bipod).Great rifle,accurate and dependable.

Kansas Shooter
February 1, 2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks again for your input - I've passed it along to my buddy. I'll be interested to see what he does.