PDA

View Full Version : HK - GSG-5 back

Catfish25p2000
January 30, 2010, 06:04 PM
I just saw that HK has gone with Walther to produce its MP-5 in .22lr. They stopped ATI from making the GSG-5 for some kind of patent violation in October. Now they have Walther producing the MP-5 and a couple other .22lr clones of their other guns. The only thing different I could see right off the bat was that they had the collapsable stock on them, not the full stock most of the GSG's had. Anyone else hear about this?

Bud Helms
January 30, 2010, 06:18 PM
We have a rifle forum.

Moving.

Microgunner
January 30, 2010, 06:22 PM
Yep, this news has been circulating around the rimfire world for months.

Rushaash
January 30, 2010, 07:02 PM
Good news..... more fun for plinkers :)

EdInk
January 30, 2010, 09:55 PM
H&K are still a bunch if a-holes. That like govt contracts for guns made for with your taxes but won't even produce civilian versions of all the cool stuff. I'm glad I have a GSG that HK didn't make a dime from. If they were cool they would have made a .22 version of their own. Since they didn't someone else gave the people what they wanted.

I do understand the lawsuit. However. h&k should have just made gsg pay royalties. Now they have Walther making them or so rumor has it. I expect it to be overpriced like all h&k guns. I wonder if it will be better than the gsg but I doubt it. The gsg is an awesome little toy.

BigMike72
January 30, 2010, 11:17 PM
I just got back from the range shooting my buddy's GSG and WOW that was a fun gun to shoot. I have not shot anything in 9 years and I posted some pretty tight groupings. He is a cheap version of the ProPoint red dot scope and from 50 feet at the indoor range I was < 1.5 inch groups which I was elated with considering how long of a lay off I had.

Stevie-Ray
January 31, 2010, 01:01 AM
He is a cheap version of the ProPoint red dot scope and from 50 feet at the indoor range I was < 1.5 inch groups which I was elated with considering how long of a lay off I had. Not surprising. That's all I have on mine and it's probably all I'll ever need. I love it just like it is.

stuffaknuckle
January 31, 2010, 02:04 AM
I love mine and it works great right out of the box. Unfortunally, Im sure HK will find a way to screw that up along with the price increase also.

Logs
January 31, 2010, 07:21 AM
My understanding is GSG will begin selling a new version with slight changes to get around the lawsuit.

BigMike72
January 31, 2010, 01:15 PM
Stevie-Ray,

How many rds can you shoot at a session before you start getting jams? We pumped thru about 275rds last night and it started jamming from being too dirty. He has not had this gun that long and has <1000rds thru it so I am not sure if this is a "need to break in more" scenario or the gun is sensitive to needing to be cleaned.

When he ran his finger over the chamber to test how dirty it was and it was real dirty. Could have been the ammo too.

9x19
January 31, 2010, 02:24 PM
ATI now imports the GSG 522, which is the same basic gun, just a few cosmetic changes.

They also have a 110 round drum magazine for the GSGs as well!!! :D

http://www.americantactical.us/images/gsg522advert.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=302150

Stevie-Ray
January 31, 2010, 02:57 PM
When he ran his finger over the chamber to test how dirty it was and it was real dirty. Could have been the ammo too. Could be. I've never run more than 300 rounds at a session through mine. Only problems I had were ammo related. Always a mild pop rather than what I expected, and then malf. Not the gun's fault in the least, and I expected every one of the problems that I got, due to hearing the mild report. Mine wasn't ever what I considered filthy, but all I've used thus far is Remington GBs, Federal (brown box) 550 rd bulk, and Winchester xperts, along with some old Win Wildcats. Remington GBs were best and most consistent, Federal were the biggest culprit of short-loads. I've heard the blue box of Federal is better, but I have yet to try them. YMMV.

EdInk
January 31, 2010, 08:58 PM
I am super happy to see they found a way around the lawsuit. I'm still glad I have my original with the H&K style ghost rings and rotary sights. This gun is too cool to be crushed and the shooting public deserves it.

Also, I can put about 800 rds of Thunderbolt (the cheapest dirtiest ammo available) before it starts to jam.

tju1973
January 31, 2010, 09:01 PM
I will never spend money on an MK-- you can give me one, but I would sell it. Bunch of self righteous a-holes IMHO.

Ridge_Runner_5
February 1, 2010, 12:01 PM
I split a 550 box of Federal between my GSG-5 and my AR-15 a few weeks ago...had 1 hiccup in each gun...not bad.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b100/89Sunbird/Shooting/e1bc7ade.jpg

EdInk
February 2, 2010, 01:57 AM
The gsg is the coolest .22 on the market.

MosinM38
February 2, 2010, 08:18 AM
I've been gonna buy one for awhile, just to shove my..eh...middle finger at HK.

Because they suck, and we hate them :D

TRguy
February 2, 2010, 09:02 AM
Because they suck, and we hate them

The gospel :D HK Blows

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/