PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 6 position stock in NJ

Lavid2002
January 29, 2010, 04:23 PM
Im in the process of an AR build. I want to put a 6 position stock on it but NJ needs them to be pinned. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a 6 position stock that is already pinned? I cant seem to find one so I think im going to order one that isnt pinned and when it gets here ill drill a hole in it and rivet it so it is non-adjustable.

Thanks fellas!

-Dave

vpr80
January 29, 2010, 04:30 PM
explain a bit further....i thought it couldn't be collapsible (to the side), but adjustable is fine?

vpr80
January 29, 2010, 04:35 PM
nevermind...seems telescoping is included in the ban. so i guess we are basically stuck with totally fixed stocks.

i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least
two of the following:
(1) A folding or telescoping stock;
(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(3) A bayonet mount;
(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash
suppressor; and
(5) A grenade launcher;

Lavid2002
January 29, 2010, 04:55 PM
yep......
garbage.....
Who even USES a bayonet anymore?!
A 6p stock makes guns more deadly

JerseyDrez
January 29, 2010, 05:12 PM
They wont ship you a collapsible/adjustable stock here, its illegal.

Youd have to 'fix' the stock or pin it out-of-state, then bring it in.

Still that so much work just to have it 'pinned'. Just buy a fixed stock and be done with it.

vpr80
January 29, 2010, 05:12 PM
i hate this state....that is all

3StrikesNC
January 29, 2010, 08:40 PM
God that sucks....

Glad I ran (moved ....:eek:) away from there decades ago. To think of all the "life" I would have missed had I stayed there.

I feel your pain, and am very saddened. Prime example of what happens when the politics run wild.:(

3StrikesNC
January 29, 2010, 08:42 PM
Oh, I recently read that WWII surplus M1 Carbine is also illegal there :confused:.

***?

KurtC
January 29, 2010, 10:45 PM
The M1 carbine is listed, by name, as being as assault weapon. It includes any variation of the original, as well as all copies.

Regarding the telescoping stock. It is my understanding that the original intent of that clause was to ban the telescoping stocks, made of wire, that slid all the way forward to the pistol grip. These created a weapon with the same overall length of one that had a folding stock. Term "collapsible" may have been better. It was not intended to ban an adjustable length stock that still could be fired from the shoulder.

To the best of my knowledge, the term "telescoping stock" has not been cleary defined in any statue. It is still open to interpretation, or misinterpretation. Most sellers and buyers prefer to err on the side of caution, and certainly no one wants to become the "test" case.

It is also important to note that the NJ assualt weapon ban in 1991 became the basis for the federal ban in 1994.

Lavid2002
February 1, 2010, 02:27 PM
my understanding is this. M1's are illegal because they sell a part that clamps onto the BBL that allows you to add a bayonet to the rifle. Thus it is illegal to own.... *** >: |

Yeah but my 6 pos stock isnt illegal unless its on the gun right? I can ship it , pin it, then attach it right?

Coop de Ville
February 1, 2010, 03:25 PM
I have a pinned stock from my bushy m4gery.

If I can find it you can have it.

I'll check.

-Coop

Lavid2002
February 1, 2010, 09:26 PM
You sir are the man! Woohoo!