PDA

View Full Version : Barska 6-18x40 AO .17 Hot Magnum Scope

NavyLT
January 27, 2010, 11:01 AM
I've got a 10/22 carbine. Replaced the trigger with a Kidd two stage trigger set for 1.5 lbs first stage and 8 oz. second stage pull. I have never shot this gun with the iron sights, because I like shoot at targets about the size of quarters at 75-100 yards and just can't see them with my eyes!

I only target shoot for fun, although hoping to get into some local competitions this year - nothing major, just at my local gun club.

I started with a Center Point Scope - I think it was 6-18x40 AO as well. Sometimes I could get 1 hole groups of 4-6 shots at 75 yards and other times I couldn't get less than a 3/4" inch group and seemed like I always had to be adjusting it.

I know, since I put a $300 trigger on it, I should probably just bite the bullet and put a $300-$500 scope on it too. Anyway, I got fed up last night at the range and on the way home found the Barska scope mentioned in the title. I put it on last night, but haven't had a chance to try it out. Anybody have any experience with that scope?

If it doesn't work for me, I will shoot it with iron sights, I guess or get a gun sled and see if it is the gun causing the problems - I've only replaced the trigger; the receiver and barrel are still stock.

confirmed shooter
January 27, 2010, 11:11 AM
I have a friend that has a barska on his 300 Win Mag, It is very clear and the adjustments work well. REPLACE your bbl. get a good barrel and use real good ammo and you are going to have lotts of fun charlie sierra