PDA

View Full Version : Remmington did the right thing

CarterMccoy
January 27, 2010, 10:10 AM
I bought a 700 Sendero in 25-06 that had a problem.
I sent it back.
They sent me a new barrelled action, in the same stock because I had skim coated the stock in an effort to alleivate the innacuracy of the original gun.

ANYWAY, the one I got back the first time had a trigger that would not adjust (Xmark pro). So I sent THAT one back and now I have a gun that shoots like Remington is SUPPOSED to make.

Anyway, I wanted to vindicate Remington for doing a great job of replacing a machining error they let slip through, and verufy for the benefit of some "30 year veteran machinist"s on the board that NECK WALL THICKNESS had NOTHING TO DO with the problem.
As I had asserted initially.
5 shots, 1 hole....NICE LOAD HUH?

taylorce1
January 27, 2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry you had so many problems out the door, and if you are happy with the rifle now that is all that matters.

Nice shooting! Factory or Handloads? What bullet were you using?

CarterMccoy
January 27, 2010, 05:35 PM
THis is a variation of a load I got from my chucking pal years ago (I mean like 20 or 25 years ago).
The original recipie called for 55.5 grains of IMR-4350 and shot really well.
One day, I was low on powder and made a batch of 54.5 grain loads (I had a Ruger M77V then, without the more rigid fluted barrel). The 54.5 grain load pulled into one hole and I never used another load for that gun for anything. I hunted Deer, woodchuck, fur bearer, you name it.

When I got this 25-06, I tried 54.5, 55, and 55.5. 55 hit the best right off the bat.
from there I adjusted my seating (I made 7 or 8 OAL variations in .005 deeper, .010 deeper, then .020 deeper) and BAM. 1 hole.

It took a year to get here, with the problems I had, but I hung tough and I have a 1 hole shooter again.
THANK YOU GOD.

CarterMccoy
January 27, 2010, 05:43 PM
The next step for this gun is to go out to 300, 400 and 600 yards and see how she performs.

I'll be posting some of those targets as soon as I like the way they look....

ndking1126
January 27, 2010, 11:43 PM
Good to hear positive customer experiences from Remington. They don't get much positive press around here.

A year though? How long were they keeping your rifle for?