PDA

View Full Version : Optics Setup

BCeagle
January 24, 2010, 05:33 PM
Found a new website and prices seem ridiculously good, the scope below was $60 more at optics planet.

I am at a loss on the base, there seem to be so many options. I assumed anything I bought would be a Burris or Leupold, but leaning towards the Burris to match the rings. I originally was going with the burris signatre dovetail mounts below but want to make sure I'm not shortchanging myself, there seem to be a million different types. Its all going to be mounted on a Remington 700 sps tac in 308 and to be used for targets (100-300yds) and deer in the fall.

1-Nikon 6469 Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 SF Mtt MilDt

2-Burris 420501 Signature 1" Rings Med, Blk Matte

3-Burris 410593 DD 2 Pc Matte Rem 700 Short & Lng

Any comments/advice, this is my 1st time adding optics to a rifle and want to make sure I dont screw it up.

James R. Burke
January 24, 2010, 06:28 PM
Just myself it would be a Leupold. Thats all I have and they have a great warranty, but I never once had a problem with them. The Nikon sounds like a good one also. I am sure you will get many replys on some really nice glass. There are some good makes out there. Seems like more than ever. But thats just myself, and not telling you what to buy or do. The more you can see and look thru the better. Just take your time. Have fun.

BCeagle
January 24, 2010, 06:48 PM
I like the Leupold and prefer to buy american but I was driven crazy by the different types and numbers and they were some comparable scopes.

hometheaterman
January 24, 2010, 07:13 PM
I've had a Leupold and Burris and I've written about my experiences with them several times before if you want to search. I'd chose the Burris without a doubt.