PDA

View Full Version : sako finnbear 7mm magnum

Celo456
January 23, 2010, 10:55 PM
hello everyone. so im in possession of a very nice sako 7mm magnum finnbear hunting rifle. this is one of the older ones (brand new have 7 digit serial. the last 20 year had 6 digit serial numbers, i believe this one has only 5.) It is PRISTINE condition, and i have been trying to get a realistic idea of its value. anyone have any ideas? ive gotten quotes and offers. some high some low. any help will be appreciated

ZeroJunk
January 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
Look at one of the on line auctions like Gunbroker and see waht people are actually selling them for, not what they are asking. That's what I do.

highcaliberprovider
January 24, 2010, 09:14 AM
I have one for sale chambered in 30-06. An older model like the one you describe, with beautiful etching. The rifle has been fired a couple of times but never taken into the field. Because of the intricate work on this rifle we are asking $1500. That having been said I'm not here trying to sell it to anyone I'm just trying to give you a gauge on pricing.
There are 2 discontinued models of the finnbear; the Sporter and the Mannlicher carbine. The sporter has a 24" barrel and a half stock. The Mannlicher carbine has a 20" barrel and mannlicher stock. Other than that the two rifles are almost identical. Pricing, of course, will vary based on condition of the weapon. The sporter at 100% is valued around $1100. But, at 60% the value drops to $425. The Mannlicher at 100% is around $1300 and at 60% around $475.
Note: these are values on the weapons not projected price. If you're trying to sell it to a private collector you may get a little more. If you're trying to sell it to a shop you wont get near that amount. If you're asking about price for insurance reasons then you need to have it professionally appraised.
If you will post a pic of it I may be able to give you a rough estimate on its condition.

Celo456
January 24, 2010, 10:48 PM
I will certainly post some pics. After I get my 25 posts I beleive I will be listing it for sale here. But the condition has been confirmed, it's as close to immaculate as can be. I haven't tried to sell it to a shop. I did have it at one for consignment, but they estimated it would fetch 800. They would recieve 20%. I asked them how much they were asking and they said $950.00 on gunbroker. Then I located it with a buy it now price of $1300.00. So they obviously thought it would bring that much. But no bids and since I was well aware they were intending to pocket the 400.00 difference plus 20% I took it back after the auction. I have seen the 7mm from anywhere between 900.00 to $1350.00. And those have no scope attatched which I have. Right now a friend who works for Nassau county pd ballistics has it. It's been completely disassembled, cleaned and inspected. The report is the rifle is %100. once I get it back I will post photos