PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Long Judge Magnum.

treefarmernc
January 23, 2010, 10:26 PM
First I guess this thread will blur the lines between three forums so feel free to change the location if needed. This rifle/revolver/shotgun caught my eye on this video from this years’ Shot Show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPurApky4U
The guy says it is a Taurus even though Rossi is on the manual and they are at the Rossi booth. I guess my question is why they would not rifle the barrel (especially since it seems to be of a rifle format with rifle sights) so to allow the use of the 45 ammo which is part of the appeal of the Judge name? I would be a little more interested in this piece if it was rifled allowing the other choices of ammo. What do y’all think about this.

Edit:
See post #7

raftman
January 23, 2010, 10:29 PM
I'd take one of those over the Judge handgun for sure.

shooter_john
January 23, 2010, 10:53 PM
I can't wait to hear the $$$ on that. Very interesting, and I don't know what I'd use or 'need' it for. But I want one.

treefarmernc
January 23, 2010, 10:57 PM
I’m not able to get into the Taurus or Rossi web sights right now. Have any of you seen any other official info on this gun?

earlthegoat2
January 24, 2010, 12:27 PM
Definitely LOOKS cooler than the handgun.

bigghoss
January 24, 2010, 12:51 PM
I think I read somewhere they are doing 410 only and .45/410 and that one in the vid is 410 only

treefarmernc
January 24, 2010, 01:30 PM
OK. I was finally able to get into the Taurus and Rossi web sights and it looks that it is Rossi that is producing it as the “Circuit Judge”. It apparently will be offered in both rifled and smooth bore. The rifled will take both .410 and .45 Colt but for now not the .454 Casull. The stock appears to be the same as some of their new up-coming “WIZARD” single shot rifles. It will have a SA/DA trigger. OH WELL …Just what I need, another gun on my wish list.:D

treefarmernc
January 24, 2010, 02:55 PM
Now that I know the name to be Circuit Judge I am finding other forums discussing it. There seems to be a fair bit of interest in this model. I guess the next thing is the long wait till these get out and tested to see if it deserves the attention.

I have been thinking about it and have come to the conclusion that I would rather see them come out with a .357/.38 version and then I would buy both the .410 smooth bore(for use as just a shotgun) and then the .357 also... But then again maybe I will buy all 3.:D Either way I may sit and wait till next year( If I can) to see if they come out with another caliber or at least one that will accommodate the .454 Casull also. A lot of speculation going around on this one. :rolleyes:

Gelgoog
January 24, 2010, 03:01 PM
.410/.45 smoothbores are just a waste of metal. You get lackluster performance from the .410 and POOR performance from the .45 long colt.

Now a rifled version taking .45 LC and .454 casull would actually be a nice carbine if priced around $400-500 to compete with the Puma 92' guns.

I would much rather take EMFs pony express revolving rifle over the judge carbine.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2010/Day1/DSC09235.JPG

treefarmernc
January 25, 2010, 01:40 AM
410/.45 smoothbores are just a waste of metal. You get lackluster performance from the .410 and POOR performance from the .45 long colt.

If I do get the smooth bore it would be to use only as a revolving .410 shot gun. I figured that it would not throw the .45 well through a smooth bore. I guess the question now is if this thing will function well as a shot gun, with both slugs and shot. How do you think the rifled version will do? I still would love to see it in a .357magnuim/ .38.

Grandpatime
January 25, 2010, 07:15 AM
imagine just take that forend off and i would have a buntline :p

gotigers
January 25, 2010, 08:36 AM
do they make hi capacity mags for it.

:rolleyes:

Sevens
January 27, 2010, 09:09 AM
I can't get a good feel for this from simple pictures without close-up detail-- but my question is, doesn't your off-hand get scorched by the colossal blast from the cylinder gap?

Or is there some kind of a shield or deflector?
Or is it run with a tight flash gap to lower the amount of blast that comes out of that area?

It's a helluva idea. I'd much rather have something like this (rifled barrel, of course) than a Judge.

raftman
January 27, 2010, 12:20 PM
There's some still images floating around, think there's even a couple in some other thread on here, it does have a shield to protect the off hand.