View Full Version : 1100 part question

August 26, 2009, 09:17 PM
I was trying to sell my Sportsman 12 Automatic (plain jane 1100) and the potential buyer pointed out I was missing a part and walked away from the deal. Now I need to know what the part is called and where to find one!
Inside the receiver on the left upper side, there is a stud that the groove in the barrel shanks glides on. It is missing this little stud. It looks like it is threaded, but if so, not many threads! Or did it break off? What is it called? Can it be put back in easily or gunsmith job? Any ideas where to get one? Thanks

August 26, 2009, 11:20 PM
The specific part is the ejector (stop/stud/pin). Without it the shell doesn't get kicked out. Actually, it's part of the barrel assembly, not the receiver. So, it really easy to get to when the barrel is removed. My parts list doesn't show it as a separate item. It's just a little steel stud, any gunsmith should be able to fab one and install it for a minimal fee.

August 27, 2009, 03:11 AM
This isn't on the barrel at all. It cannot even be seen unless the barrel is removed. It wouldn't have any contact with the shell/hull at all? It is on the inside of the receiver. It is the part that that groove on tha outside of the barrel tang slides over. I think I have an answer that seems right on another forum and it appears to be a smith job anyways. thanks for your imput though.

August 27, 2009, 07:13 AM
There is a projection on the end of the ejector assembly that locates the barrel. It commonly breaks off and since the ejector is rivited in place is a gunsmith job to replace. Goatwhiskers the Elder

August 27, 2009, 04:14 PM
it's not in the ejector assembly. It's on the inside of the receiver. When the barrel is installed, you cannot even see it. The barrel shank covers it up.

My smith said he has an older 1100 that doesn't even have it, so he thinks it was an upgrade in design at some point. He seems to think it isn't 100% necessary for function that it may have been done because people were jamming barrels into the receiver and the groove and the stud helped eliminate that. I will still try to get the part from Remington and fix it if I can figure out what they call it for sure! It isn't even on any of the schematics I find.

August 29, 2009, 07:19 PM
The part is a guide to position the barrel correctly, I had a 1100 trap that was missing this stud and used it for thousands of rounds with it missing (no problem). If you want it replaced it will probably need to go back to Remington. It is part of the receiver and not listed as a separate part as it is welded in (if I remember correctly). It will only be a problem if the barrel is a loose fit and can rotate enough in the receiver that the extractor does not alien properly with the barrel ( not likely) Good luck : Bill

August 29, 2009, 10:32 PM
that is exactly what my gunsmith recommended....do nothing! He said it seems like it only serves for an easier barrel change, that's about it!