View Full Version : How exactly would I go about selling my SBR?

August 23, 2009, 02:40 PM
If I decide to sell my SBR'd HDPS built HK USC/UMP conversion how exactly would it work? From what I gather I would sell the gun and transfer it to a Class 3 dealer, then once the buyer received the paperwork back from the ATF the dealer would transfer the rifle to them. Is that right?

August 23, 2009, 02:42 PM
If it is inside your home state, you merely find someone to buy it, do the Form 4 paperwork and hand it over once it is approved. If going outside your state, you must transfer to a dealer and he transfers the SBR to the purchaser.

August 23, 2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.