View Full Version : Any idea where I can buy this sling swivel stud?

August 12, 2009, 03:37 PM
I need a barrel clamp for a Remington 870. My shotgun has the magazine extension. The clamp I have on the gun is missing the sling swivel stud. This is the short stud that hangs out the bottom of the barell clamp. I have looked at Cabela's, Scheels, Gander Mountain and a few gun shops. There are many "kits" with studs but all those studs are way too long and are designed to be screwed into a wood stock. The stud I need is very short and has a keeper to hold it onto the barrel clamp.

I'll but the whole clamp if need be. Any suggestions?


August 12, 2009, 03:41 PM
for "sling swivel stud remington 870" and it came up with 2 pages of items; some of the parts starting with the Uncle Mike's Sling Swivel Stud kit might work.

Lee Lapin
August 12, 2009, 06:28 PM
Give Remington a call tomorrow during business hours in NC (Eastern)- 1-800-243-9700. Tell them what your problem is, see if they can help with the correct sling swivel stud. For some bizarre reason they made the HD version of the 870 Express (18" CYL w/factory magazine extension) without the sling swivel stud in place for a couple of years.


August 12, 2009, 07:31 PM
Yes ^.

They may also try to tell you that they only sell the clamp with swivel as a kit, but I have swapped that swivel between clamps before and it is simply a stud with a washer and retaining ring. Not real difficult to install in a clamp without one.