View Full Version : question on a part of a revolver

May 27, 2009, 01:26 PM
I am still rebuilding my jp sauer and sohn hawes large frame s/a revolver

I need to know what the part is called that rotates the cylinder when you pull the hammer back
Or if anyone knows the part # from numrich's that would help a lot also

May 27, 2009, 01:54 PM
The part is called a "hand" or a "pawl", depending on who made the pistol. It is part #3 on the diagram.

May 29, 2009, 07:55 AM
It is also, generally, one of the parts that need to be fitted properly to "time" the cylinder's rotation, so that it aligns exactly with the barrel to avoid shaving bullets and spitting the shavings out of the side of the forcing cone, back towards the shooter's eye(s) - yet another solid reason for wearing shooting glasses.

You might want to consider having a gunsmith conversant with revolvers take care of that for you, ILO simply replacing the part yourself.


May 29, 2009, 10:38 AM
thank you gentelman