View Full Version : Would a "cut down" Saiga 12 be a AOW or SBS?

March 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
I am looking to purchase, convert and hopefully cut down a Saiga 12. I have no idea where to even start to ask questions as my local Police dept. actually told me "I don't know". Now let's say you have a converted Saiga 12, and you want to make it a SBS with a pistol grip only stock. would that be a SBS or an AOW? How does one go about getting the tax stamp for such a thing? Also is there a reliable website that will tell me if an AOW or SBS is even legal in Delaware? Like I said my "police dept" told me that they didn'y know. Thanks in advance guys/gals, I am new to Class III, AOW SBR, SBS.

March 24, 2009, 04:20 PM
SBS, since it had a stock from the factory.

March 24, 2009, 04:23 PM

quick search revealed that..it's a start. google as much info as you can..

Willie Lowman
March 24, 2009, 04:38 PM

there is your state by state


There is your form 1 this needs to be filled out completely(print it front and back not on 2 pages or it WILL be rejected), signed by your Chief Law Enforcement Officer. You will need to get 2 sets of blue ATF fingerprint cards with your fingerprints on them. sign a certificate of citizenship, get 2 passport photos. and a check for $200 to the ATF.

Send all that to the ATF (i don't know which address off the top of my head, someone else can chime in with that.)

When you get your approved form 1 back then you can cut down your shotty. Not a moment before!

Have fun!

March 25, 2009, 12:19 PM