View Full Version : 1911 Series 80 "plug"

Gregory Gauvin
March 19, 2009, 10:28 PM
I'd like to remove the series 80 type FPS on my lawyer friendly equipped "competition use only" 1911. I found the spacer to replace the levers at Brownells, however I am curious to know where I can find a "plug" to close up the hole in the slide after removing the pin block?

I know I can run without one, but I think it would be nice to keep dirt and debris from getting into the firing pin channel. Anyone know where I can find one?

Harry Bonar
March 21, 2009, 03:39 PM
There is infinitely far more than plugging the hole in the slide than that!
It must be done by someone very familiar with the 1911.
Harry B.

Jim Watson
March 21, 2009, 03:59 PM
EGW will weld up the hole and remachine the disconnector track for $100.

I have not seen an IDPA tech inspection that would detect that, but if there were one, the gun would be disallowed for removal of a "safety device." I don't know about other forms of competition.