View Full Version : Ruger rifle parts ???

March 17, 2009, 06:00 AM
A gunsmith friend of mine is trying to get a bolt stop & trigger for a
model 77-MKII Ruger and Ruger says they will not sell them to him or
don't sell those parts to anyone.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Just trying to help a friend.
Help Appreciated,

March 17, 2009, 10:59 AM
I have a Ruger 77 Mk II trigger available for $10 to cover shipping. I'll check around for a bolt stop, but that one will be a tall order, you don't typically replace those.

March 17, 2009, 11:03 AM
I believe Ruger will replace them in house. I know of at least one aftermarket trigger maker and I bet there are several.

Brian Pfleuger
March 17, 2009, 11:18 AM
I can recommend getting a trigger from Jard, www.jardinc.com.

T. O'Heir
March 17, 2009, 01:27 PM
Most Ruger parts must be fitted in their factory. A bolt stop for a Mk II centre fire isn't one of 'em though. Triggers are.
Your rifle has to go to Ruger for the new trigger. If you've had a trigger job done, it'll likely come back needing it again.

March 17, 2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all the info and Scorch I'll go ahead and take the trigger.
Appreciate it and so does my friend.
I'll pm you .

March 18, 2009, 02:35 AM
Prince: You can get the bolt stop parts from Brownells.