View Full Version : SBS questions

March 12, 2009, 09:20 PM
I have a mossberg 590 that was sold as an (AOW). My question is, can I change the pistol grip that was sold with the gun to a different pistol grip? I have found a much more comfortable pistol grip to fit this shotgun as opposed to the one that was one the shotgun when I got it.

I just wanted to make sure prior to buying something that I can't use legally.

March 12, 2009, 09:33 PM
You mention SBS then AOW...2 different sets of rules under NFA.

If an AOW..YES..you change and put what ever pistol grip you like..just NO stock.

IF an SBS...you may change to a different pistol grip, a pistol grip stock or a full stock.

March 13, 2009, 12:53 AM
sorry your correct, I meant AOW and I appreciate your response.

March 13, 2009, 02:26 AM
any pix?

Willie Lowman
March 13, 2009, 10:16 AM
What kind of grip are you thinking about?

I have a Moss. 590 papered as a SBS and I have been thinking about putting a pistol grip on it. I just don't like the Mossberg factory pistol grip.

March 13, 2009, 07:43 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of my mossberg AOW. I much prefer this grip on the shotgun instead of the factor pistol grip. It's a speed feed pistol grip. I really like this a lot better!

Here's a link to purchase one. I just bought the pistol grip as I like the forend that came on the mossberg when I got it.

Willie Lowman
March 13, 2009, 08:20 PM
Willie no see linky?

Did you order this straight from Speedfeed?

March 13, 2009, 09:12 PM
Here you go Willie.


March 14, 2009, 04:08 AM
thatsa pretty nifty lookin shotgun