View Full Version : class 3 ffl and sot taxes

March 4, 2009, 03:34 PM
I am considering obtaining a class 3 ffl to allow me to get full auto dealer samples but from what i have read i have to pay a $500 per year sot tax. Does anyone know if this is a flat rate or if it is per weapon? Also does anyone have any info that might help me like if you have to have a comercial building to obtain a class 3 ffl?

Thanks in advance


Zak Smith
March 4, 2009, 09:17 PM
All your questions are answered here

You need an FFL of the appropriate type and then a class 1-3 SOT.

March 7, 2009, 05:47 AM
First you need to get a Type 01 FFL, $200 for the first three (3) years and $ 90 on renewal. Then you need to apply for Class II SOT, $500 a year. You can apply for both at the same time. You must have a fixed place of business that is zoned commercial. Also it is a violation of Federal Law (you would be lying on the application) to get a license just to enhance ones collection.

The Rage
April 6, 2009, 12:30 AM
You do not need a commercial building to be an FFL/SOT. It all depends on your the rules specific to your city, county, and state.