View Full Version : Old Harrington & Richardson Revolver

March 3, 2009, 06:35 PM
My wife has a Harrington & Richardson revolver that was handed down from a family member. The grip on the gun is starting to fall apart at the base. I have no idea of the age of the gun. The only markings on the gun is the Harrington & Richardson name on the barrel. Below the name is "32 S&W CTCE". The serial # is 7147. It is the top break design. Any ideas where I could get new grips for this gun?



James K
March 3, 2009, 11:15 PM
".32 S&W CTGE" is the name of the cartridge it is chambered for, an old and quite weak round (but still highly dangerous!). The grips on that revolver were probably what was called gutta percha or hard rubber, a natural product that grows very brittle with age. For new grips, try


but objectively, and unless the revolver is in top condition, the grips might cost more than the gun is worth. Family heirloom, of course, priceless!