View Full Version : NFA trust change of address question

December 1, 2008, 02:21 PM
If I move my residence, but stay within the same state: do I still need to submit a 5320?


December 1, 2008, 02:48 PM
You're supposed to tell the NFA about your move in writing, don't believe that any forms are needed.

December 1, 2008, 03:35 PM
It's only required if you move a machine-gun, short-barreled shotgun, short-barreled rifle, or destructive device interstate. You can use Form 5320.20 or a letter. It's requested for any NFA item if you change address in state but not required.

It's all on the NFA website:


"...if a registrant’s address for these types of firearms changes after registration with ATF, please notify the NFA Branch in writing of the new address, so the NFRTR can reflect the registrant’s correct address."

December 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
thank you, thank you!

December 1, 2008, 10:25 PM
If the NFA is "just a tax" as we've been told, why do they care where one goes after paying it? State and local laws are a different matter.