View Full Version : Scope Target Knobs

November 15, 2008, 12:33 PM
I am looking for a scope with tactical style knobs, however most only come with target knobs which raise quite high/out of the scope compared to the standard dust covers or tactical style knobs. What do these targets knobs look like underneath? Is it just a raised dust cover with a special knob under it or what?

I want to be just able to crank the knob around real quick to adjust for different ranges so with a target knob, would I have to take what appears to be a long/high dust cover off to get to what would look more like the tactical knobs?

November 16, 2008, 12:39 AM
Well no one seems to be answering this so let me try. I think we need to make a distinction here between tactical and target scope knobs. The ones that have the covers are used manly for target shooting.

Target or sometimes called varmint knobs.


The idea here is that you go to the range and set up on a rest or a bipod and shoot. You will also take your time making each shoot.

Tactical knobs (no cover)


Now I don’t know what kind of shooting you are looking to do. But if you want to quickly adjust for range your best bet is to learn how to just a mil dot scope https://www.eabco.com/Reports/MildotRep01.htm

November 18, 2008, 10:50 AM
Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40, Mildot - $179


Super Sniper 10x42 or 20x42, Mildot - $299.99