View Full Version : When you order, what kind of paperwork do you get?

November 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
The title says it all. I have yet to order any new for my collection. But I was just wondering what I also receive in the box. Does it come with a receipt with all the information I need for the bound book? If I order a handgun does it come with a paper signed by the dealer/seller. That would be convenient, as I need the sellers signature to register my handgun. Or maybe the newest sales paper they have?

Or do I just get a gun in a box?

November 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
You don't technically need a receipt for C&R record-keeping purposes; you only need to record the seller's address or FFL license number in the bound book. However, I like to have a receipt for CYA purposes, and every C&R mail order house I've ever used has sent one with every order.

If you need a signature, make sure you tell the mail order house. There's no federal requirement for the FFL on the receiving end of a mail-order transaction to get the seller's signed FFL form. It's only required from the buyer, so most mail order dealers do NOT normally provide signed paperwork. However, most of them should accomodate your request if you ask nicely. :)