View Full Version : krinkov

November 4, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm lookin to buy a SBR Krink that is Fully auto. looking for a true bulgarian look. with wooden grips, not really to fond of the all black krinks. a sling would be a plus on it. i like the traingular stocks, not the underfolders. would be great if i could buy one already made. because imnot to sure how the kits/getting them made go. all info would be appreciated. looking to pay anywhere from 1000-3000. 5.45 round would be nice because thats the real bulgarian round. isnt it? all info is appreciated im newer at this and im looking to get one after i get out of bootcamp. will file the papers before i go, so hopefully they will be done when i am finished. thanks

November 4, 2008, 09:19 PM
I'm lookin to buy a SBR Krink that is Fully auto....looking to pay anywhere from 1000-3000

Then go back in time 22 years or so. You're looking at between $13k and $15k for an AK variant that is full auto.



David Hineline
November 5, 2008, 12:16 AM
Being so young you missed the boat of cheap machineguns. They were banned from manuf. for civillians in 1986 so you must buy a machinegun that was legal for citizens to own by the 1986 cutoff.

You will spend your $3000 just trying to get a SWD M11 SMG in 9mm.

November 6, 2008, 09:01 PM
well....there goes my idea. not gonna spend that, maybe i can "come across" one while im in the military. i go to the marines dec. 29 now....was supposed to be nov 24. so anyways.... can anybody have one for sale in semi? same spec's and whatnot. pics would be appreciated. also how do the parts kits work? do they come with everything and i just get someone to assemble it? or do i have to have a gun to chop and those parts replace things? im not to positive. all help is appreciated, jus like before

David Hineline
November 6, 2008, 10:52 PM
Troy Sellers at In Range builds the best SBR Krink you can find though others would also.


You can do something like this, http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114809003
buy it then do the form 1 registration while you are away. Once approved then remove the fake silencer and have the regular short barrel.

You have to be 21 to buy a NFA weapon from a dealer, so if you are not 21 yet then your option is to build one yourself on ATF form 1, or to buy one from a private individual.

Of course the SBR must be legal at your permanant or temp residence and you must go through the other NFA requirements. If you get stationed somewhere that SBRs are not legal then you will have to leave it behind in a legal place.

My daughter arrived at Parris Island last Jan and is now
stationed MCAS Yuma, AZ.

feel free to ask any questions of me at [email protected]

November 7, 2008, 11:00 PM
by make my own u mean buying a kit and then sending it to inrange? because i was looking at their site beforehand and the do some nice work. was where i was plannin on sending it if i did. but the kits have me kind of cunfused...i jus buy the kit and send it to troy and voila? its done? or do i have to have a reciever from a different gun then the kit and then send it to inrange? and im not 21 yet. im 18...so i would try to go the make my own route, how u said.

David Hineline
November 8, 2008, 09:40 AM
By making your own I was speaking of doing the paperwork. This requries doing an ATF form 1 to make and register a NFA weapon, this is filled out in duplicate the form is available for download from http://www.titleii.com then you contact your local chief of police or sherrif, they sign the form if they see fit, then this goes into the ATF with the $200 fee, and two fingerprint cards, and the form 5330.20 citizenship certification. with photos attatched to the forms. The ATF processes the forms and returns one copy to you. you have to mark the receiver or barrel with your name city state just like any mauf.

Then once the form is approved you may make the firearm. By make I mean in the legal sense. You legally made the gun. You are the legal manuf.

The easiest way would be for you to tell Troy what you want and have him make it with a barrel extension added to bring to 16" then when your forms are approved you remove the extension leaving the short barrel.

Or you can send parts and a receiver to Troy, or you can send him a complete rifle and ask him to shorten, or you can do any amount of the work you can do yourself.

You will have to contact Troy to see what he would want you to do explain he has to work with a rifle you register because he is a dealer and you can not buy short rifle from him, but he can return a rifle provided by you to him for repair.

November 8, 2008, 06:40 PM
that clear some things up. but i saw one on the internet its a 1983 tula clone. this is the link
was wondering if any manufactures could reproduce this once? since marshall arms only made a few, and i like the look of it. or make anything that looks similar. but as in my question before im not sure if the krinkov parts kit come with the recievers and all parts needed to make the acutal gun?

David Hineline
November 8, 2008, 08:37 PM
My Krinkov was built on a 7.62X39 Bulgarian kit. Receivers do not come with kits, kits are taken apart machineguns so some of the pieces the machinegun pieces need be replaced, also a kit imported within a couple years will also not have a barrel.

November 9, 2008, 05:40 PM
so i buy the kit then gotta find a barrel and a reciever? thats sucks somethin awful. where would i get a reciever/barrel. do i have to buy a different gun and take it apart. for just 2 parts?