PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to own a true legendary gun

BanditSRT8
October 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'm beside myself with excitement right now.

I just secured a deal that I never dreamed would be possible. I will finally own a gun that I have fantasized about since I was a kid in 1987 when I saw it highlighted in a special article in American Handgunner magazine. It was also the cover gun, and an award winner.

I can't say what it is just yet because I don't want to jinx anything... but when it arrives, I'll post all about it.

The artisan who created this limited custom series of guns has not built any in 17 years, and it is what I consider to be the most beautiful gun i have ever laid eyes on. I spoke with this legendary gunsmith today and I asked him if this gun could be reproduced.

He said no, he retired long ago, but that he had two exciting options for me. One was one of these guns is sitting in his vault, stored away since he built it 17 years ago... an order that the customer never followed through on. Brand new, unfired, and just waiting. The other option was that one of his high profile customers just passed away and he was receiving one of these from his estate, and he presumes that it too is new and unfired.

You can imagine the level of excitement that I felt when I heard this. I immediately told him that I wanted them, and hopefully next week he'll be sending me a very special package.

I hate to be a tease and not disclose what it is yet, but I had to share this with someone who would understand my excitement. My wife just had a blank stare on her face when I ran up and told her. All she reacted to was the staggering amount of money I'm laying out for it... but she got over that quickly enough. :D

Counting the days......

Dobe
October 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
Could you possibly tease any more?

MrNiceGuy
October 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
I can't say what it is just yet because I don't want to jinx anything... but when it arrives, I'll post all about it.

reason #1 that this thread is lame

BanditSRT8
October 15, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well, some will understand, and some won't.

That's ok. I just had to share with fellow gun lovers my excitement and anticipation!

I also just got off the phone with the editor's dept at American Hangunner, and they are scanning a copy of their archived issue as well as mailing me copies of the cover and article.

MrNiceGuy
October 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
niftytasticarific!!!!

:rolleyes:

P99AS9
October 15, 2008, 05:07 PM
Good luck with your new.....um.......whatever it is :cool:

GoSlash27
October 15, 2008, 05:19 PM
Well, the fact that the gunsmith in question is still alive tells me a lot about what it's *not*. :D
I'll mimic the previous sentiment and say "good luck with...uhh...you know..." :confused:

PSP
October 15, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm happy for you... I think? :confused:

;)

ChicagoTex
October 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
This thread is just like all those girls back in high school...:p

Seriously though, dying to know what it is.

RickB
October 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hmmmm. Martz Luger?

vox rationis
October 15, 2008, 06:09 PM
I've obtained a picture of the gun Bandit is waiting for

http://www.therubberband.info/images/the_gun_peg.jpg

:D

P99AS9
October 15, 2008, 06:10 PM
Well I can tell you guys now it's a semi-auto hangun just by what section it's in :D

1911-45
October 15, 2008, 06:13 PM
Detonics 1911?
Just my first thought......

vox rationis
October 15, 2008, 06:16 PM
I think it is an Auto Mag ;)

P99AS9
October 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
I think this may be the gun he's waiting for :p

http://hessreport.harkyman.com/images/ugly.jpg

Or maybe this one :D

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1261/935443374_382c2b8264_o.jpg

Or possibly this one :cool:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/10/109609/08_2008/pink-gun.jpg

Man, this is my third post in this thread. I gotta stop nit-picking.

BanditSRT8
October 15, 2008, 07:33 PM
LOL Vlad... close!

GoSlash27
October 15, 2008, 07:52 PM
I'll get in on this.

http://www.genitron.com/Unique/Guide-Lamp-Liberator-Pistol.jpg
Is it this?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/hi_p_48302.jpg
Or maybe this?

BanditSRT8
October 15, 2008, 08:11 PM
I hate you all :cool:

Stevie-Ray
October 15, 2008, 08:12 PM
Personally, I think it's a Wildey. Were you talking to Wil Moore?

Hmm...now let's see, .45 mag, 9mm Mag, or .475 mag. .475 methinks.

IMTHDUKE
October 15, 2008, 08:31 PM
He will be carrying in a sob holster
http://photos.gafana.com/photos/0636252250996576857731.share.jpg

ƒORTE
October 15, 2008, 08:54 PM
The widley...of course...death wish VI or V?

BanditSRT8
October 15, 2008, 09:46 PM
Not a production gun, but an extremely limited series totally custom made gun. ;)

MrNiceGuy
October 15, 2008, 09:53 PM
You just like the attention, dont you?

BanditSRT8
October 15, 2008, 10:05 PM
Why don't you live up to your screen name?

If you don't like the thread... don't read it.

MrNiceGuy
October 15, 2008, 10:13 PM
you should be nice to me

i'm the most active poster in this topicless thread :D

but be honest... you just posted this thread to get attention and up your post count, didnt you?

I had to share this with someone who would understand my excitement.

hell, your wife didnt even care... and she even knows what your talking about... not to mention that as your spouse, she's fiscally involved in the transaction

Sturmgewehre
October 15, 2008, 10:16 PM
http://nra.nationalfirearms.museum/tour/graphics/NR-D25-Pinfire%20Handgun.jpg

johnnypi45
October 15, 2008, 10:34 PM
Is it a wilkinson?????

Petey

Stevie-Ray
October 15, 2008, 11:17 PM
The widley...of course...death wish VI or V?Actually, it was III;)

roach4047
October 15, 2008, 11:24 PM
I would be pretty stoked my self If I were the OP. I envy him not so much because he's getting the gun but more so because his wife didn't put the brakes to the deal. My wife would have a cow.

Roach

Smaug
October 16, 2008, 12:02 AM
Bandit - you already jynxed yourself by posting about it. ;)

hamster
October 16, 2008, 01:45 AM
this is how us Californians feel during that 10 day wait period.

Rinspeed
October 16, 2008, 06:26 AM
This better be good. :)

Officer's Match
October 16, 2008, 06:34 AM
He'd post pics if he wasn't so photographically challenged. ;):D

BanditSRT8
October 16, 2008, 09:13 AM
lol, that's it.

But yes... when it arrives, I'll be posting a ton of pics, and the story behind the gun. I'll also post the scans of the old Handgunner issue that it was on the cover of.

ElectricHellfire
October 16, 2008, 09:18 AM
Well, now I'm intrigued. :D

Wiskey_33
October 16, 2008, 09:25 AM
What issue of Handgunner do you speak of?

BillCoe
October 16, 2008, 09:42 AM
Congrats on the big time score!

accordingtome
October 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
...waiting..... :D

FrontSight
October 16, 2008, 10:33 AM
I think you have built it up way too much, and it is going to be a big let down no matter WHAT it is.

2ndchance
October 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
I was just thinking the same thing... Since it was on the cover of American Handgunner it's probably a 1911 or a S&W Revolver.

BanditSRT8
October 16, 2008, 10:57 AM
hehe, no... I don't think I could even hype it up to be as great as it is.

It was a 1987 issue of Handgunner, that's all I can say :cool:

I should hear back in a few days, then when he contacts me, we'll do the deal. So it could be two weeks before it actually arrives to my FFL.

NWPilgrim
October 16, 2008, 11:08 AM
I doubt it. Assuming it is a finely made, and probably well engraved, one of a kind, never to be seen again pistol I bet he enjoys it more every time he takes it out to admire.

Quality shines brighter with familiarity. Nothing like a fine tool or a fine work of art.

Good luck and now you OWE us some pics when it arrives. :D

birdshot
October 16, 2008, 11:26 AM
Paul liebenberg retired a few years back. he designed a customized 1911, that made highpower with a ten millimeter short. did i win?

BanditSRT8
October 16, 2008, 11:30 AM
No, but that sounds intriguing actually.

No one will guess this one, but it's fun to watch everyone try... might give me more ideas for future purchases too.

nate45
October 16, 2008, 12:02 PM
A Ron Power Grandmaster Deluxe?

CortJestir
October 16, 2008, 12:50 PM
Wait just a gosh dern second. I think I put 2 and 2 together...

It must be this one from another thread:
http://pics.livejournal.com/larvatus/pic/0014e60g/s640x480

:D:D:D

HKFan9
October 16, 2008, 02:07 PM
hahahahaha thats it, you win.

jfrey123
October 16, 2008, 02:34 PM
Google search makes me think Charles Daily Hi-Power in 9mm. Bandit: confirm or deny? :cool:

JoeArizona
October 16, 2008, 04:43 PM
It's probably a Coonan...maybe one of the compact models.

vox rationis
October 16, 2008, 11:29 PM
It's probably a Coonan...maybe one of the compact models.

ahhh you beat me to it, my next guess was going to be COONAN!

....or maybe an original Bren Ten :)

dajowi
October 16, 2008, 11:49 PM
If it's a Coonan he's going to pay far more than what it's worth. And with mags going for $150 a pop (when you can find them) he better hope he gets a bag full.

I just bough a 4" Redhawk and I couldn't have been any happier, even with an investment grade firearm be it a WWII Liberator or Baby Nambu.

Dallas Jack
October 17, 2008, 03:48 AM
IIRC there was a guy that made a few Lugers in .45 ACP. Copies of a .45 Luger submitted for military trials in WW2.
Dallas Jack

urban assault
October 17, 2008, 05:33 AM
I'm just adding this to the thread so I will be automatically informed if the original poster EVER FRIGGIN' TELLS US WHAT THE GUN IS!!!!!!!;):D

-urban

alloy
October 17, 2008, 05:57 AM
i go with an .44 AMP

but usually....every time i talk about something good before it happens, it doesnt, so hopefully this thread doesnt become about that.

DevilsJohnson
October 17, 2008, 06:00 AM
Reminds me of that Star Wars Prequel a ton of hype then when IO went to see it I fell asleep before the big fight scene:D

Got to say though I am curious.

gb_in_ga
October 17, 2008, 08:02 AM
Sounds like vaporware to me.

TCman
October 17, 2008, 10:25 AM
When are you supposed to get it so we can see it?

BanditSRT8
October 17, 2008, 11:18 AM
TCman: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3085154&postcount=41

I'll be posting the day it arrives, with plenty of pics.

ljhj
October 17, 2008, 11:40 AM
the mini Browning Hi-Power from the May issue.

Jay1958
October 17, 2008, 10:55 PM
I'm just glad he is getting something that is actually a custom made pistol - something "legendary" enough to get a photo spread in a major gun magazine!

I was afraid when I saw the subject that I was going to open the thread and see that the TRUE, LEGENDARY GUN thread started out with "I ordered my legendary (choose one) Sig/H&K/Les Baer/Nighthawk/Rohrbaugh today..." :)

Nothing against those fine pistols - well, except maybe I should confess I'm not a big Rohrbaugh fan. I've owned a Sig before and I just purchased a H&K. But some people take certain brands a 'leetle' too seriously... just as some people enjoy driving a Corvette or a BMW and some others enjoy the fact that "everybody knows" that they drive a Corvette or a BMW.

ChicagoTex
October 17, 2008, 10:58 PM
something "legendary" enough to get a photo spread in a major gun magazine!

I was afraid when I saw the subject that I was going to open the thread and see that the TRUE, LEGENDARY GUN thread started out with "I ordered my legendary (choose one) Sig/H&K/Les Baer/Nighthawk/Rohrbaugh today..."

I've seen all those brands have more than a few photo spreads in major gun magazines. You've got a little bit of a double-standard going here.

Jay1958
October 17, 2008, 11:05 PM
Really? A double standard? I wouldn't be surprised to see a photo spread in a major gun magazine for Hi-Point pistols - if it was part of a review!! I didn't think I needed to specifically spell out the fact that I was referring to a photo spread for something 'collectible', a 'custom showpiece', something that got a photo spread for being 'unique' or 'legendary'.

Any firearm can have a photo spread if it is just part of a review or announcement regarding new models... or whatever.

Quote:
something "legendary" enough to get a photo spread in a major gun magazine!
Quote:
I was afraid when I saw the subject that I was going to open the thread and see that the TRUE, LEGENDARY GUN thread started out with "I ordered my legendary (choose one) Sig/H&K/Les Baer/Nighthawk/Rohrbaugh today..."

I've seen all those brands have more than a few photo spreads in major gun magazines. You've got a little bit of a double-standard going here.

stephen426
October 17, 2008, 11:15 PM
Now for the big question.. Are you going to shoot it or just look at it? I can't see shooting something so rare, yet that is what a gun was designed for. I compare it to buying a Ferrari and not driving it hard. I have a 50th anniversary Sig P210 but I'm pretty sure I won't be shooting it. Maybe on my 50th birthday (still over 15 years away). I'm trying to find a decent price on a used one to shoot, but the price run up has been insane.

Anyways, an early congrats to you and I look forward to the grand unveiling.

IdahoG36
October 18, 2008, 12:32 AM
I've been following this thread, and have a few guesses of my own as to which gun it will be. But, i will sit tight and wait for this "Grand Unveiling" to happen.:D:D

It's always nice when you find a gun you have wanted for a long time. It is a truly satisfying feeling to finally have one in the safe.

BanditSRT8, I have seen your pics before. Your pics had better be good with this one, or I will be sorely disappointed for the wait.:D:D

BanditSRT8
October 18, 2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yes, the gun will be shot. I am planning on buying both of the guns he has available, and keep one unfired. If I were only buying one however, it would be shot for sure. I drive cars that some prefer to garage 10 months out of the year as daily cars, and I shoot every gun I buy... that's just who I am.

I will try to find out how many were made, but it wasn't many at all. Also this one (in his vault) is the verified LAST one he ever built, so it is very special indeed.

This person was building guns for about 4 decades and actually set the standard for what he did. Other famous 'smiths who came after him acknowledge him as being one of the true pioneers, and very important to the industry. They often refer back to him with their designs.

All I'm waiting for right now is for him to dig the one out of his vault and send me a couple of pictures, and for him to receive the other one so that I can make my decision. Whether it will be one or both.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for this.

BanditSRT8
October 18, 2008, 10:56 AM
Stephen, congrats on that P210!! That is such an incredible piece. I hope you do shoot it someday. While it is special, the true pleasure in owning one is shooting it.

vox rationis
October 18, 2008, 11:28 AM
This person was building guns for about 4 decades and actually set the standard for what he did. Other famous 'smiths who came after him acknowledge him as being one of the true pioneers, and very important to the industry. They often refer back to him with their designs.

OK..I've got it..then it has to be a Paul Liebenberg built 1911 variant!

Boncrayon
October 18, 2008, 12:14 PM
Ever think this is a coaxing for photos of specialty gun ownership? Certain eyes could be watching. The originator has not revealed his prize or his motive!

Wagonman
October 18, 2008, 02:34 PM
HUH

kristop64089
October 18, 2008, 02:58 PM
I know what it is like to have a "rare" gun. A while back I acquired a rare(to civilians) Ruger GS32N. Only Know of a few in the public. And recently acquired a Dan Wesson PM10B. There were only 300 made, and I have number 52. They may not be worth bundles of money, but they are rare, and I'm proud to own them...And shoot them. Cause I believe it ceases to be a gun, if it's not shot.

ErrorS
October 18, 2008, 03:09 PM
cant you all just search for cover art scans of 1987 issues of this magazine? there should be only 12 to look through

http://www.americanhandgunner.com/AHArticles/ah87.html

?

BanditSRT8
October 18, 2008, 03:17 PM
cant you all just search for cover art scans of 1987 issues of this magazine? there should be only 12 to look through

You would think, but sadly, no. I was trying to find ANY pics of this gun anywhere on the web to show my wife what I was blabbering on about, but no such luck. And I tried every combo imaginable, and also cross referenced Handgunner. Nada.

Luckily the girl I spoke to at Handgunner looked and put the actual issue in her hands when she confirmed it for me. So my photocopies are on the way. I think the guns will be here before the article however.

If anyone can find the issue, and posts it up (maybe you have a collection of Handgunner), then I will confirm if the right issue is posted.

How's that? :)

ErrorS
October 18, 2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know enough about the subject to find it, but I tried anyways.. I failed miserably, couldn't find a single cover scan.

GoSlash27
October 18, 2008, 03:57 PM
Correction: There should only be 7. 6 bi-monthly issues and 1 year-end review.
And I can't find the scans either :(

NWPilgrim
October 18, 2008, 07:06 PM
Which would make reading and posting lame replies to "look at me threads" even more pathetic, right?

Sounds almost like sour grapes and envy, but it who knows?

I like the thread. A fellow shooter is excited about a pending purchase of a unique firearms and he wanted to share his enthusiasm with like minded guys and gals. None of my firearms are show pieces but I sure wouldn't try to rain on someone else's parade who chooses to acquire them. Go for it man!

JeffSSig
October 18, 2008, 07:06 PM
Seecamp?

denfoote
October 18, 2008, 07:55 PM
What happens if he shows up with a pair of consecutive serial number Korths???

Tom2
October 18, 2008, 08:00 PM
I know, it is a Bren Ten :(

JohnKSa
October 18, 2008, 08:09 PM
I have deleted several posts from this thread.

If there are rules being broken then report to the staff.
If you don't like a thread, don't read it.
If a particular member bothers you then put him on your ignore list.

P99AS9
October 18, 2008, 08:36 PM
Ahhhh.....this thread seems to be pretty popular :o

BanditSRT8
October 18, 2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks John.

Sturmgewehre
October 18, 2008, 09:48 PM
It's amazing how threads can degrade. Who would have thought this thread would have degraded into envious rants? :)

Looking forward to the pics man, congrats on whatever it is you scored.

Tell me, is it a shooter or a looker?

Eric M.
October 18, 2008, 10:02 PM
I'll just put this one post up, so I can be notified when Bandit gets his once in a lifetime gun.
Just my luck, it will be something that I sold when I got married in '87.:(

Eric

JAYBIRD78
October 18, 2008, 10:14 PM
Is this another Glock thread? :p:p:p

JohnKSa
October 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
More posts deleted. :rolleyes:

IdahoG36
October 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
Posted by BanditSRT8

Stephen, congrats on that P210!! That is such an incredible piece. I hope you do shoot it someday. While it is special, the true pleasure in owning one is shooting it.

I would have to agree with Stephen on this one. A Sig 210 50th anniversary edition would definitely be a safe queen. I love to shoot every gun I have, but I wouldn't shoot that one. That isn't something that comes along every day, more like once in a lifetime.

Dangerwing
October 19, 2008, 06:13 AM
Wow, what delivery option did you choose? The Lowcrawl Express? This has been going on for a while already! But hey, I supose the value will have gone up by the time you get it since it will be a year older!!

j. villarreal
October 19, 2008, 10:41 AM
When is it supposed to arrive? The anticipation is killing me!

Jason

michael t
October 19, 2008, 01:38 PM
1st high point possibly or a Jennings. :D

Microgunner
October 19, 2008, 02:19 PM
Mark Twain's pea shooter?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/Microgunner/peashooter.jpg

Wiskey_33
October 23, 2008, 10:43 AM
anything?

Sturmgewehre
October 23, 2008, 11:07 AM
It should be there by now, at least you've paid for it so it's yours... right?

TELL US NOW!!!

Thanks.

Delaware_Dan
October 23, 2008, 12:24 PM
I gotta bump this thread. We are waiting...

BanditSRT8
October 23, 2008, 01:37 PM
lol, you guys are as impatient as I am.

Still waiting because one of them still has not cleared customs to get back to this 'smith for him to turn it around to me.

So it'll be a waiting game for maybe another week or two!

Wiskey_33
October 23, 2008, 01:42 PM
My vote goes to P7M10

Delaware_Dan
October 23, 2008, 01:43 PM
You're killin me smalls...

Sturmgewehre
October 23, 2008, 02:13 PM
I've got it figured out, or so I like to think.

Paul Liebenberg, who is from South Africa, is a 1911 smith that pioneered what became the .40 S&W round for IPSC use in 1911's. He made a name for himself during the 1970's and 1980's doing pistol work in South Africa when IPSC was really a boom there.

This explains why one of the pistols must come through Customs, it's probably coming from South Africa.

American Handgunner claims their article on the Pistol Dynamics 1911 made by Mr. Liebenberg was the most significant in their company history.

That would be my guess.

BanditSRT8
October 23, 2008, 02:19 PM
My vote goes to P7M10

Then you didn't read my posts. ;) It is not a production gun, but a full custom made by a legendary pistolsmith.

BanditSRT8
October 23, 2008, 02:20 PM
Sturm, the customs thing goes back to my initial post on the topic... one of the 'smith's best customers lived in Canada and recently passed away, and the gun is being sent to him.

One is in his vault, one is awaiting arrival from Canada.

Sturmgewehre
October 23, 2008, 02:40 PM
Darn. I thought I had it.

freakintoguns
October 23, 2008, 03:00 PM
i wanna knwo too, this gun better be the cats meow!

ElectricHellfire
October 23, 2008, 03:46 PM
Ok this is becoming anti-climactic. :)

MrNiceGuy
October 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
it still might be a few weeks/month/years......
and that's just the wait to find out [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] this thread is about.... actual photographs may never come

be patient... this thread is just for attention :D

and upping post counts

Creature
October 23, 2008, 05:08 PM
be patient... this thread is just for attention

and upping post counts

Niiiice....

almost at 2000

g.willikers
October 23, 2008, 06:59 PM
Is it a Pistol Dynamics Centimeter?

hogdogs
October 23, 2008, 07:10 PM
Pistol dynamics?
What do I win?
Brent

MrNiceGuy
October 23, 2008, 07:11 PM
is it a pistol dynamics?

KUHIO
October 23, 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm with G.Willikers!!! It's gotta be the Pistol Dynamics Centimeter!!! I hope it is anyway.....otherwise I won't be as thrilled

2ndchance
October 23, 2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.strangemilitary.com/images/content/101001.jpg

abber
October 23, 2008, 07:51 PM
OK, I am curious! My flag is up.

madmag
October 23, 2008, 08:27 PM
The answer is:

http://www.pistoldynamics.com/AH_1987_Pistol.html

MrNiceGuy
October 23, 2008, 08:37 PM
after all this hype, it better be more than just some 1911

Sturmgewehre
October 23, 2008, 08:42 PM
Is it a Pistol Dynamics Centimeter?
Nope. Look at post #97 a page back, I already guessed it and he said no.

Sturmgewehre
October 23, 2008, 08:43 PM
The answer is:

http://www.pistoldynamics.com/AH_1987_Pistol.html
Wow, you guys are really late with this... LOL. I already guessed this a page ago and he already said that's not the pistol.

madmag
October 23, 2008, 08:47 PM
Nope. Look at post #97 a page back, I already guessed it and he said no.

I'm Old. I don't read so good any more.:p

Sturmgewehre
October 23, 2008, 08:55 PM
That's ok, I missed that he said the gun was coming from Canada... :D

madmag
October 23, 2008, 08:57 PM
My last shot.

Is it a Wilson Magnum Hunter?????

KUHIO
October 23, 2008, 09:21 PM
I hope the wait is worth it......I'm obsessing over this thread.

BanditSRT8
October 23, 2008, 09:36 PM
You guys really are suggesting some great pieces. I encourage you to keep trying because now you've added at least one more gun to my short-list for this year!

I can assure you that it is not a 1911. Realistically... no one will guess this one. And I never thought my thread would be this popular (so I apologize for the mystery). Outside of the two "stickies" this thread has now broken into the top ten most viewed threads in this forum!

I remember years ago being on a forum and posting about this cool item I was bidding on over on eBay. Well someone on that forum ended up sniping me and I lost out of a very special item. And since we have a large membership here, I can't risk saying what it is just on the off-chance that someone might try to screw this up for me. Of course that scenario is very unlikely, it is a possibility, and I don't consider any deal done until the item is in my hot little hands.

N95
October 23, 2008, 10:02 PM
It MUST be one of the guns pictured on the first page of this thread. :eek::barf::D

kristop64089
October 24, 2008, 05:53 AM
can someone say drama queen.;)

nate45
October 24, 2008, 06:12 AM
All I know is when I guessed that it was a Ron Power Grand Master Deluxe in this post (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3085181&postcount=43), he disappeared. I demand my prize, if this is correct.:p

Wiskey_33
October 24, 2008, 06:29 AM
I hope to God it's not a race gun of some sort.

DevilsJohnson
October 24, 2008, 03:34 PM
:confused:
......tic....tic.....tic

MrNiceGuy
October 24, 2008, 03:51 PM
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6234/condimentgunou8.jpg

it's chambered for both ketchup AND mustard
the ultimate bbq gun

madmag
October 24, 2008, 04:10 PM
Bandit, If we go on with this thread I think you should sign the following document.

"I swear & affirm that If this thread turns out to be about some dumb firearm that no one is interested in, then I will impose a self inflected hiatus for a period of 6 months, during which time I will not start any new threads."

Signed: (Your Signature Below)

AZAK
October 24, 2008, 07:52 PM
And since we have a large membership here, I can't risk saying what it is just on the off-chance that someone might try to screw this up for me. Of course that scenario is very unlikely, it is a possibility, and I don't consider any deal done until the item is in my hot little hands.

I may, or may not, be interested in a certain gun, possibly may just swear off all gun ownership/maybe or not, or maybe more than one gun, or possibly fewer or morer, and may choose to speak with an attorney or not, to represent the afore mentioned/alleged interest in said gun or guns. Again this may all be, "life is but a dream."

Bandit, your elapsed time frame for alleged firearm I believe has come and gone. If it is meant to be, it will be. If the UPS truck crashes into a escaped Wildebeest from the zoo and your gun falls down the sewer and ends up in Argentina, the stars are not aligned in favor of this marriage.

Juju is up to you.

MrNiceGuy
October 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6813/drvguns2vu6.jpg

custom

AZAK
October 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
Mr. NiceGuy
Just in time for the holidays! Just need to change out the bulbs, red and green!

MrNiceGuy
October 24, 2008, 08:02 PM
that's after the speaker is added so that it can play jingle bells

AZAK
October 24, 2008, 08:14 PM
Mr. NiceGuy,
I hope that you hold out for the surround sound package! Nothing like adding that to a pair of holiday pistols! Especially when playing, "Jingle BANG, Jingle BANG"!!!

OcelotZ3
October 25, 2008, 12:17 AM
He won't mention the item because of experiencing "Sniping on eBay"...

You put in your bid for the highest amount you would pay for an item and the system automatically ups your bid until someone totally outbids you.

How do you get "sniped"? What is the problem? If someone comes in at the last minute and outbids you, then you didn't put in your absolute top bid, which is your problem...

I never did understand people complaining about "sniping" on eBay for this reason.

Samuel2001
October 25, 2008, 01:11 AM
I thinks its a Super-9!! ;)

Buzzcook
October 25, 2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.americanhandgunner.com/AHArticles/ah87.html

There's a list of articles from 1987 American Handgunner. I'm betting on the Custom Colt .38 Super from Bill Wilson.

MrNiceGuy
October 25, 2008, 07:29 PM
i think it's Ted Kaczynski's home made pistol.......

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5995/unabomberrh9.jpg

44 AMP
October 25, 2008, 09:20 PM
Six pages of useless speculation. Somebody come up with a good reason why this thread shouldn't be closed, or it will be.

Bandit can open a new one when when he actually has the gun.

I'm starting a countdown....10,...9....

MrNiceGuy
October 25, 2008, 09:20 PM

closed?

sammy69
October 25, 2008, 10:15 PM
Wow, I have read through 6 pages of garbage. Bringing the ghettoman AK tomorrow MrNiceGuy?

2ndchance
October 25, 2008, 11:43 PM
I would kill this thread, too. Let the author post his pic when he actually gets his new toy in.

OnTheFly
October 25, 2008, 11:51 PM
Somebody come up with a good reason why this thread shouldn't be closed, or it will be.

Uhhh....well it's...no that's not a good reason...maybe it should stay open because...err...nope that doesn't work either...okay, I got nothing.

Close away.

Fly

BanditSRT8
October 26, 2008, 12:18 AM
Well, I can give a few reasons:

1) It's been a fun thread

2) It has contributed a LOT of hits for the forum, and traffic is always good

3) Some of us are getting to know one another better as a result of this thread

4) I can simply post on this thread when it arrives instead of making a new thread

5) It's been a fun thread (d'oh... I already said that)

6) Threads get killed here WAY too easily and way too often as it is. Let a long running one keep running.

I own my own webforum that is quite popular and I'd be all over my mods if they were so kill-happy with our threads. It's a community first and foremost, so fostering "talky threads" can only help the community grow larger, and closer. Keeping everything strictly information based at all times takes away from the community feeling, and it feels merely like the old bulletin board systems from the early days of the internet. Cold and distant where no one grew to know the other posters... nowadays we have communities of folks who share common interests, information, and fun.

Why take away from that so often?

Just my .02 cents....

BanditSRT8
October 26, 2008, 12:23 AM
*UPDATE*

I FINALLY received via email the scans of the Handgunner magazine! Unfortunately the files were too large for my server, so only the cover made it to me, and not the other 4 pages of the article... so now I have to wait for snail-mail to bring me the Xeroxed copies of the entire thing.

I plan to document the hell out of this gun because the plan is to keep one in its new/unfired state and have a custom display case fabricated for it that will house the gun, the accessories built for the gun, the magazine cover and article, and a letter stating that this was the last gun built by this 'smith, signed by him as well.

Maybe in another 20 years it'll be worth a ton, maybe it won't... but I'll sure be enjoying the other one because it will be shot on probably every trip I make to the range!

BillCA
October 26, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hmmm... would the 'smith be Paul Liebenberg by chance?

VinnyT
October 26, 2008, 08:48 AM
Hmm, maybe an Automag in a custom 50AE size?

- Glock in 44mag?
- Engraved Nickel plated Rock Island Longslide signed by Ivan?
- Taurus Raging Bull 500 in gold?
- Pistol owned by Liberace encrusted with colorful gems?

clown714
October 26, 2008, 08:54 AM
:confused:

vaporware?

and I thought,I was the only clown around here:barf:

clown

44 AMP
October 26, 2008, 12:42 PM
I was seeing not much more than noise, and we do like to have useful things from time to time. Talking and posting pics about your new piece is a useful thing, as people get to enjoy it (you get to gloat), and maybe some folks get to learn something they didn't know before.

I saw a lot of guessing, a little humor, and a big tease, which was getting rather old. go on for now, and I hope you won't disappoint too many people.

By the way, I just got another "legendary" pistol yesterday. Care to guess what it is? Hint, one was on the cover of GUNS magazine in 2005!

Guess right the first time and I'll post some pics later (I will anyway:D)

jfrey123
October 27, 2008, 12:00 PM
By the way, I just got another "legendary" pistol yesterday. Care to guess what it is? Hint, one was on the cover of GUNS magazine in 2005!

Guess right the first time and I'll post some pics later (I will anyway)

Glad to see you're joining in the fun with us.... :cool:

Sturmgewehre
October 27, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hmmm... would the 'smith be Paul Liebenberg by chance?

Bill, that was guessed several pages back, it doesn't appear to be Paul's work.

SPUSCG
October 27, 2008, 01:35 PM
hes not going to tell us the gun has been guessed already but he wont say what im going insane i read 6 pages for nothing

Eric M.
October 27, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'm starting to figure that Bandit is acting like my kids when they were younger.
"I've got something, but I'm not telling you"
If I ignored them, they would get frustrated, give up, and then tell me.
Maybe you guys should do that with Bandit.

I have better things to do, so I'm unsubscribing to this thread.

Eric

freakintoguns
October 27, 2008, 02:02 PM
so....wheres these badass one of kind lead slingers?

Selfdfenz
October 27, 2008, 02:05 PM
I think we're waiting for the Egyptologists to complete the paperwork....

S-

BanditSRT8
October 27, 2008, 05:03 PM
Well, finally I have a good update full of useful information!

I spoke with them today and got some good news/bad news.

BAD news:

He was a bit mistaken on the NIB gun he has in his vault. Instead of being the gun I want, it was only a custom PPC revolver. No biggie, he built it 17 years ago... I can't expect him to have that good of a memory!

GOOD news:

He has confirmed that the gun in transit from his recently deceased customer in Canada IS indeed the exact gun I want.

BAD news:

He says after his many years of dealing with Customs... it could be 3 weeks or 3 months before it arrives to him. :mad:

But, since our deal is sealed and the gun is guaranteed mine, I can finally share with everyone what it is.....

One of the last Grandmaster Deluxe ever built by Ron Power!! It was the cover gun for Jan/Feb 1987 American Handgunner, and also Gun of the Year for 1987.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q273/BanditSRT8/cover.jpg

I'd find it surprising if most of you don't know who Ron Power is, but for those that don't.... Ron is now in his 70's, but held the absolute top spot for pistolsmiths for a good 40 years and was heralded as a legend when it came to revolvers. His creations not only set the standard for 'smiths to follow him (many today still credit him for their craft) but also changed the way revolvers were made. Thanks to Ron, we no longer have to worry about things like cylinder shake... he's the one who figured out how to eliminate it, and now we see his ideas set into standard production from most every manufacturer.

His name is synonymous with perfection, and was the premier 'smith for PPC and Bianchi Cup champions.

The Grandmaster was a famous competition gun, but the Grandmaster Deluxe was his finest work. It encompassed all of the competition toys that made a champion gun, but also was made to be a showpiece. It is extravagant (especially for its time), and a hand built work of art. It was also the first revolver made for use in BOTH Bianchi Cup and PPC competition thanks to the removable compensator (which is easily replaced with a polished false muzzle to keep the gun looking 'finished' when the comp is removed).

Most of the top shooters throughout the 60's through the 80's had Power trigger jobs and custom work applied to their guns.

When I saw this issue back in 1986, I fell in lust with that gun, and always wished to own one. Now fast forward 21 years and I will finally have one. The last Grandmaster Deluxe was built 17 years ago, and Ron is completely retired.

I called him up a few weeks ago because the gun popped back into my head for no reason and I decided I wanted to have one built. I assumed that he would be able to replicate his original... only after speaking to him did I find out that he is retired and that this was not a possibility. Then came the news of the last remaining one (that he personally knew of) coming back to him from Canada.

I had no idea my little topic would turn into such a huge thread, or create so much speculation... so I feel obligated to let everyone know what it is even though it won't arrive for who knows how long. Luckily Handgunner archives was able to email me the cover image and the rest of the article is forthcoming in the mail.

The gun features:

Custom engraving on cylinder (each chamber is numbered 1-6)
Custom stippling on backstrap and on front of triggerguard
Ron Power Top wing rib with integrated steel sights and mount for optics
Ron Power underlug
Complete competition trigger
Custom grips made especially for the Grandmaster Deluxe series
Removable compensator (screw off) with false muzzle to cover threads when comp is removed
Gorgeous engraving touches throughout entire gun
Everything is entirely mirror polished on the gun by hand

plus tons of other stuff that I just cannot remember until I see it in person.

So there you have it. Gun and story. Now it's just a waiting game to see how long it will sit in customs. I hope it gets here soon, this is a 21 year long dream and every day on top of that seems like an eternity!

Here's the rest of the scans from Handgunner:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9264/grandmasterdeluxe03oa6.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1328/grandmasterdeluxe02cx8.jpg

BanditSRT8
October 27, 2008, 05:11 PM
More info on Ron Power for those interested:

(form their website)

Ron Power started gunsmithing at a very young age over 40 years ago. He worked for a gun shop in Kansas City in 1957 doing all types of repair and customizing on rifles, shotguns, and pistols. He Started Power Custom in 1959. During this same time he worked for Armco Steel full time. He retired from Armco Steel with 30 years. Ron has attended several gunsmith seminars given by the major manufactures. He served in the U.S. Army and was assigned to the Marksmanship Unit as a pistol team member and national Match Weapons Armorer. For Several years he has taught seminars at Trinidad State Junior College, NRA Gunsmithing Schools, Montgomery Community College, Ruger Police Armorer School, and as a Police Firearms Instructor. He was President of the Missouri State Rifle and Pistol Association for 5 years. Ron has been a serious pistol competitor and is an avid handgun hunter.

Ron was one of the first to build heavy barreled PPC revolvers and refine their accuracy. He specializes in alterations to stainless steel revolvers made by Smith and Wesson and Ruger Double Action Revolvers. Ron has not only been instrumental in the design of firearms, but through the use of advanced gunsmithing techniques, has designed and patented many tools and accessories.

Randall (Ron’s son) is carrying on the Fixture and Accessory business. Randall is a Graduate of CMSU (Central Missouri State University) with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a double major in Management and Finance. Randall and Ron created and designed the Ruger 10-22 Titanium Parts back in 1994. Randall mainly specializes in customizing the Ruger 10-22.

Today Power Custom mainly specializes in marketing custom Fixtures and accessories for gunsmiths and serious competitors. Power Custom is also a Law enforcement Ruger distributor.

Power Custom is a family run and operated business. You will get personal service no matter how big we are. We keep Business very simple. The Customer is Number 1. All of Power Custom parts are fully guaranteed to work.

Ron Power and Randall Power- Life member National Rifle Association

Ron Power

Charter Member American Pistolsmiths Guild
1986 Pistolsmith of the Year Award

Life Memberships:
N.R.A 1991 Received the N.R.A Professional Public Service Award
Outstanding American Handgunner
1992 Top-10 Outstanding American Handgunner Award
1996 Top-6 Outstanding American Handgunner Award
1998 Top-4 Outstanding American Handgunner Award
1999 Top-3 Outstanding American Handgunner Award
Missouri Sport Shooting Association
Kansas Rifle & Pistol Association

Member:
Handgun Hunter International
American Trap Association
Safari Club
American Hangunners Club 100
Police Marksman Association
Varmint Hunters Association

SPUSCG
October 27, 2008, 06:21 PM
um whys this on the semiauto forum....sweet revolver though i am a wheelgun fan

BanditSRT8
October 27, 2008, 06:24 PM
Well, like I said... I never expected this thread to take on such a large life on it's own...

I had just planned on posting when the gun arrived in the revolver forum with a link to it from this forum (since this is the only forum I hang out in, and those that know me would only see it here).

Woops, didn't work out that way LOL

Brian Pfleuger
October 27, 2008, 06:42 PM
Well, like I said... I never expected this thread to take on such a large life on it's own...

I had just planned on posting when the gun arrived in the revolver forum with a link to it from this forum (since this is the only forum I hang out in, and those that know me would only see it here).

Woops, didn't work out that way LOL

I forgive you but there will be grumpy types that won't;)

That's one fine weapon. Congratulations. :)

IdahoG36
October 27, 2008, 06:48 PM
I forgive you but there will be grumpy types that won't

What in GOD's name is a revolver doing here??? Jesus H. Christ BanditSRT8, what are you trying to do to my beloved semi auto forum???

Now just picture that in a R. Lee Ermey voice.:D:D:D

CortJestir
October 27, 2008, 07:00 PM
Very cool. Congrats, Bandit! Do you plan to shoot it or put it in a glass box? Inquiring minds want to know!

44 AMP
October 27, 2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by 44 AMP

Guess right the first time and I'll post some pics later (I will anyway)

Glad to see you're joining in the fun with us....

And, unlike some people, I ACTUALLY HAVE the gun!

You guessed a lot for the one BanditSRT8 won't even have for another 3 weeks to 3 months! Come on, guess?!

By the way, BanditSRT8, thanks for finally showing it to us, as best you can since you won;t have it until Customs clears it. And I hope for you that it will be soon.

I'll give you all just one more hint, my new "legendary" gun is actually an autopistol!

dajowi
October 27, 2008, 08:57 PM
[B]For crying out loud - we waited for this!!!

How many "other" guns could you have purchased for the price you paid for this revolver? I think whomever you bought this from got the better deal especially since you were so hot to get your hands on it. I'm sure your wife will be impressed with your purchase - once she sees it.

If nothing else this thread has been a "hoot". The images and dialogue which were posted by readers detailing their guess' of the "soon to be purchased firearm" couldn't have been any more amusing.

kristop64089
October 27, 2008, 09:09 PM
Let me get this straight
- You are so hard up for attention(or accolades) that you intentionally posted a lame teaser thread(that I admittedly contributed to) about a REVOLVER(that you don't even own), in the Semi-Auto forum
- Then, you were afraid no-one would see Bandit and his new gun, so you had a backup plan, to cross-link the threads...

You need therapy man, or buy a dog.

Tamara
October 27, 2008, 09:13 PM
People who can fit their collections in their sig lines are so cute! :)

People who feel the need to are kinda funny. ;)

(...and yes, threads about revolvers go in the revolver forum.)

GoSlash27
October 27, 2008, 09:14 PM
Rats and other expletives!
That was my guess, but I figured that couldn't be it because it was on the semiauto forum. You suck! :D

Congrats. Nice hand-cannon.

kristop64089
October 27, 2008, 09:15 PM
Tamara, do you think you could list your guns in your Sig line for Bandit;)

alloy
October 27, 2008, 09:17 PM
"Rats and other expletives!
That was my guess, but I figured that couldn't be it because it was on the semiauto forum. You suck!"
Goslash

now thats funny right there, who could have guessed?
nobody
best thread in the universe.

Tamara
October 27, 2008, 09:27 PM

Yup. Ron Power does nice work; I've always been impressed with his stuff.

kpbeckel
October 27, 2008, 09:38 PM
Gotta say, after reading this entire thread and finally seeing the gun at the end was a let down for me...but no gun could have met my expectations:) The guesses were great, the joke pictures had me laughing and this whole thread made me feel like a kid again. Nice purchase, though.

44 AMP
October 27, 2008, 11:21 PM
:(
So I'll post a picture anyway! This is my newest (to me) "legendary gun!
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo254/357amp/DSCF0552.jpg
and this was intended for this thread before it got moved to Revolvers!

BanditSRT8
October 27, 2008, 11:44 PM
I forgive you but there will be grumpy types that won't

That's one fine weapon. Congratulations.

Thank you. I think it's going to be a life-long keeper.

What in GOD's name is a revolver doing here??? Jesus H. Christ BanditSRT8, what are you trying to do to my beloved semi auto forum???

Now just picture that in a R. Lee Ermey voice.

:D ;)

Very cool. Congrats, Bandit! Do you plan to shoot it or put it in a glass box? Inquiring minds want to know!

It will be fired the very day it arrives (if time allows after photographing it).

[b]For crying out loud - we waited for this!!!

How many "other" guns could you have purchased for the price you paid for this revolver? I think whomever you bought this from got the better deal especially since you were so hot to get your hands on it. I'm sure your wife will be impressed with your purchase - once she sees it.

If nothing else this thread has been a "hoot". The images and dialogue which were posted by readers detailing their guess' of the "soon to be purchased firearm" couldn't have been any more amusing.

Actually, I only have a short-list of guns I DO want now. I've owned most everything I've ever wanted to, and now aside from the occasional pickup I'm searching out more collectible guns.

While the price is not small, it's not overpriced by any means. I'm basically paying 1987 money... I think that's a good deal to own a piece of history.

Let me get this straight
- You are so hard up for attention(or accolades) that you intentionally posted a lame teaser thread(that I admittedly contributed to) about a REVOLVER(that you don't even own), in the Semi-Auto forum
- Then, you were afraid no-one would see Bandit and his new gun, so you had a backup plan, to cross-link the threads...

You need therapy man, or buy a dog.

Yep, that's it... you pegged me. :rolleyes:

Unlike you, who obviously hates the focus of even one thread to be on anyone besides yourself so you have to go on a rant, I have a wonderfully fulfilling life with or without this forum. I'm sorry that your life is so sad that you can only tear down others while they are enjoying something, and participating with the group.

Hopefully someday you will find something to fill that void in your life, but until then you should keep on playing the internet tough guy because that's working so well for you up until now.

People who can fit their collections in their sig lines are so cute!

People who feel the need to are kinda funny.

(...and yes, threads about revolvers go in the revolver forum.)

It's funny, my wife and I were relocating some of our important paperwork and in that were all of my gun receipts from purchases, sales, and trades. She counted them up and landed at 436 guns I have owned. I just don't feel the need to own a ton anymore, I prefer quality over quantity. When I was younger I bought as many as I could get, and many just weren't all that great, or they were redundant to the 'collection'. So over time I have gotten rid of pretty much everything, and last year I rekindled my love affair with guns. The guns I have in my sig are simply a listing of what I have bought in the last 13 months or so.

I have finally gotten to a point that each and every gun I own, I truly love (even that damned defective Kimber), and while I may not own hundreds at once... I own some of the best production pistols available. And that means I never have a bad choice when I go to the safe to choose what I'm carrying or shooting on any given day.

When I joined up at two other gun forums before this one, that was "the thing to do" and EVERYONE (for the most part) has theirs listed in their sigs... I simply followed suit. :cool:

Rats and other expletives!
That was my guess, but I figured that couldn't be it because it was on the semiauto forum. You suck!

:D Yeah... sorry 'bout that!

Yup. Ron Power does nice work; I've always been impressed with his stuff.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The man is a legend and owning ANYTHING he has made would be an honor, but to own THE pinnacle of his creativity makes it really worth the wait.

So I'll post a picture anyway! This is my newest (to me) "legendary gun!

and this was intended for this thread before it got moved to Revolvers!

Actually I had been out all night and was about to make my guess.

But good thing you posted this up before I did so now I feel less foolish... I was going to guess wrong!

Sweet Wildey!! They are uber-cool, but so 'spensive to shoot!

kpbeckel
October 28, 2008, 12:15 AM
Enjoy your new gun!

BanditSRT8
October 28, 2008, 12:21 AM
Sorry man, I read yours like a few of the "sour grapes" posters earlier... sorry if I misunderstood.

I removed your quote and my response.

Gonzo_308
October 28, 2008, 04:37 AM
I guess I'm glad I missed all the drama and hype. I like the idea of stinking up some other forum with it. Nice gun though.

B.N.Real
October 28, 2008, 05:27 AM
Great handgun.

Eh,so you accidentally put it in the wrong forum.

Rereading the thread,I think everyone had fun with it anyway.

I hope customs has a heart and realizes this is a custom masterpiece and let's it get it's way to you.

Congrats,BanditSRT8.

JAYBIRD78
October 28, 2008, 06:19 AM
To each his own I guess......

MrBorland
October 28, 2008, 08:05 AM
BanditSRT8 - Congrats on your new addition.

I can't think of any group of revolver shooters that'd really appreciate this gun more than those on the revolver subforum at the Brian Enos forum. They'd really appreciate the post and I bet you'd get lots of feedback and great advice if you posted there. Heck, I bet some of them have even shot one in competition!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43

nate45
October 28, 2008, 08:36 AM
In post #44 (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3085184&postcount=44) BanditSRT8 wrote:

No one will guess this one, but it's fun to watch everyone try... might give me more ideas for future purchases too.

In post #45 (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3085215&postcount=45) I wrote:

A Ron Power Grandmaster Deluxe?

In post #119 (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3095260&postcount=119) BanditSRT8 wrote:

I can assure you that it is not a 1911. Realistically... no one will guess this one.

In post #122 I wrote:

All I know is when I guessed that it was a Ron Power Grand Master Deluxe in this post, he disappeared. I demand my prize, if this is correct.

Then finally he reveals in post #153 (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3099982&postcount=153) that , drum roll please, ta da. It is a Ron Power Grand Master Deluxe, he posted in the semi-auto forum and everything , he knew no one would guess it.:rolleyes:

I don't want to jinx it, but heres a pic of a 1911 I'd like to have on a magazine cover.:p:D

http://gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobkey=id&blobwhere=1202251415613&blobheader=image%2Fjpeg

madmag
October 28, 2008, 09:31 AM
Looks like nate guessed it in post #45, so why did we get to post #153 for the verification???:confused:

Ranger325
October 28, 2008, 09:52 AM
This thread had all the suspense and drama of the guy opening the floor safe in his garage........................ and a similar ending too!! ;)

Regards,

Tamara
October 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
Not to quibble too much, but in post #22, the OP statedNot a production gun, but an extremely limited series totally custom made gun.which made me think "Korriphila (http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2600/2679.htm)? One of Larry Seecamp's early prototypes?"

It is a nice Ron Power custom, but it is still just a customized S&W 686. There's a difference between a modified factory gun and a ground-up one-off carved from a billet of steel. The pre-war .38/44 Heavy Duty I shoot at bowling pins was customized by the elder Clark, but it's still a production Smith.

I'd probably also quibble with "Legendary", in that Ron (thankfully!) isn't dead enough to be Legendary yet. Power, Laughridge, Bowen, and Reeder are all famous revolver 'smiths. Jim Clark, Sr. and Armand Swenson are legendary pistolsmiths. Let's hope it's a few more years before Power joins them. :cool:

(Incidentally, Bandit, you may want to go show your new baby off at Pistolsmith.com (http://www.pistolsmith.com/index.php). Lots of folks there would very much enjoy seeing it.)

sundance43.5
October 28, 2008, 10:28 PM
Not my cup of tea, but the thread has been fun, nonetheless.

Gonzo_308
October 29, 2008, 04:54 AM
Fun like "driving around the block to look at the train wreck again" fun or fun like "Watch me trick the dog into thinking I threw the ball, he'll take off about 10 feet and then turn and look at me as if to say [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]?"

madmag
October 29, 2008, 09:04 AM
I agree this thread was fun, but I am disappointed (being diplomatic) that Bandit did not fess up when Nate guessed right as early as #45. I think the OP should have been more straight forward...again being diplomatic.:confused:

GetYerShells
October 29, 2008, 11:34 PM
Congrats on your new piece Bandit

freakintoguns
October 30, 2008, 02:20 AM
Fun like "driving around the block to look at the train wreck again" fun or fun like "Watch me trick the dog into thinking I threw the ball, he'll take off about 10 feet and then turn and look at me as if to say [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]?"

i dont care who you are thats funny right there!

BanditSRT8
October 30, 2008, 03:36 AM
madmag: I already posted my reasons for this. I didn't want some wiseguy stepping in and trying to buy the gun out from under me, so I waited until I had the deal CLOSED before I said what it was. Since there is only one up for grabs... I wasn't taking any chances.

birdshot
October 30, 2008, 04:36 AM
i just notified US and Canadian customs, to be on the look out for my ron powers customized smith and wesson which, i left in a cabin on a recent fishing trip.

madmag
October 30, 2008, 09:48 AM
madmag: I already posted my reasons for this. I didn't want some wiseguy stepping in and trying to buy the gun out from under me, so I waited until I had the deal CLOSED before I said what it was. Since there is only one up for grabs... I wasn't taking any chances.

OK, no problem, I missed that.

sundance43.5
October 31, 2008, 10:03 PM

Now THAT IS funny.

joebogey
October 31, 2008, 11:04 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. I'd be very proud of that myself, but doubt that I'll ever own anything like it.

As for some of the rest of you and your snobbish remarks, folks like you are exactly why I quit coming to this forum a couple of years ago.
I recently though I'd give it another whirl and see if things had improved but I see it hasn't.
I've already engaged in a transaction with a forum member, but as soon as it's done, I'll be leaving for good.
Yeah I know, you could care less, but how many others have left for the very same reason?

If you couldn't be happy for him and go along with the fun, why not just keep your mouth shut and ignore the whole thread?

DevilsJohnson
November 1, 2008, 01:47 AM
Congrats..I hope you enjoy it for a long time :)