View Full Version : 14" 870 in Company name?

October 8, 2008, 03:52 AM
This could be done the long way! Or our forum way?

I am CEO of a Security Company, I would like to put a 14" 870 in our safe, the Company procedure seemed to be a little easier than the individual way?

Not sure how to do this, I know it will still cost the $200.00 Tax stamp.

Do any Company staff have access?

Thank you in advance.

October 8, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yes, if you register it through a corporate name you can skip the CLEO sign off and fingerprint cards. You can also list different people in the company that can use the weapon.

If you do the individual method only the person it's registered to can use the weapon.

$200 either way.

October 8, 2008, 03:44 PM
Thank you, will call the BATF for the myriad forms I suppose they require!

October 8, 2008, 04:29 PM
No first thing you need to do is find one for sale through a dealer in your state (or get one transferred to a dealer in your state) then you pay him for it. Then he'll give you all the forms you need. Fill it all out along with a check for $200 then give everything to the dealer. He'll look it over for mistakes, sign them, and mail it all out for you. About 8 weeks later he'll call you to let you know the Form 4 is back approved and you can go pick up the form and the shotgun.

To summarize:

Step 1: Find a 14" 870 for sale and pay for it.

Step 2: Fill out the forms the dealer gives you. They are self explanatory for the most part. If you can fill out the Form 4473 to buy a regular gun you can fill out the Form 4 for a short bbl shotgun.

(I am assuming you live in an NFA-friendly state)

October 16, 2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks, I was going to cut down one I had, via a Gunsmith, same route?
[email protected]

David Hineline
October 17, 2008, 12:28 AM
14" a lot of hassle to save 4" in length. Go 12"


If tax money is a problem here is a gun I built for sale on a $5 tax.


Or go even shorter.


November 5, 2008, 12:27 PM
Unless you want an original Remington LE gun or a super shorty, I would suggest Form 1 your shotgun and then getting a short barrel.

I have read several reports about the super shorty over the years. It is on my want list.

I want to make a giant over under in the future. Using a AR-10 and a 870.

The corporate Form 1 is not hard. I could figure it out. There is no police sign off, you don't need fingure prints. You do have to send proof that your corp is legit. My staff got documents from our state gov. I can't remember what it was.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL THE ATF. I did on a transfer and they were very helpful. I think the people running the ATF are idiots, but the person answering the phones try to be helpful.