PDA

View Full Version : NORINCO; do they still exist??

Walt Welch
December 27, 1998, 07:15 PM
Have been trying to find source of parts for Norinco 1911 clone. Will settle for dealer or website, neither one of which I have been able to locate.

Thank you all very much for your consideration and assistance. Walt

motorep
December 28, 1998, 08:42 AM
Norinco also trades in the US as China Sports.They are wholly or partially owned by the Chinese government. They're the ones who were busted in California for bringing in full auto AKs, so may or may not still be trading here.

fal308
December 28, 1998, 09:45 AM
Don't know if it's still valid but the importer's address for manuals etc is Norinco/China Sports 4403 Westgrove Dallas TX 75248.HTH

4V50 Gary
December 28, 1998, 12:06 PM
Norinco is around and is thriving. It's whether Billy K. allows anybody to import parts.

Kodiac
December 28, 1998, 01:27 PM
The best place to find old Norinco .45s is in the Pawn shops. Hunt around all the shops in your area... Youll probably find a couple Norincos.

Norinco is the biggest arms maker in the world... I am sure they will have a few suitable pistols around someplace!

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defense Institute
[email protected]

Doc
December 28, 1998, 03:05 PM
Walt - If you really really want one, I can sell you one with three "stockscrew" bushings. ;) Doc

Walt Welch
December 28, 1998, 05:46 PM
Gee thanks, DOC, but I wasn't the one dumb enough to go buy a piece of Chinese S**T. I started this thread for you, hoping to find a source for your missing stock bushing!

Oh, well, like they say, no good deed goes unpunished ;) Walt

Doc
December 29, 1998, 08:50 AM
Gee, Walt, I didn't know you were so altruistic. Anyway, I have decided to purchase the oversized bushing and tap from Brownell's. It makes an expensive repair, but what can you do when you have a Chinese piece of S**T? (My wife thinks my Caspian/Wilson is wonderful so I told Her I would get one for her. hehe) - Doc :)

[This message has been edited by Doc (edited 12-29-98).]

Greg B
January 4, 1999, 11:23 PM
FWIW, Norinco (North China Industries) has over *100* firearms factories!

twin Sigs
April 24, 2001, 12:09 AM
yes

Bogie
April 24, 2001, 01:08 PM
Well, gee - I liked mine - very reliable... Added a few drop in parts from Wilson's, and didn't have a single problem. Just about any 1911A1 part should fit, right?

Hard Ball
April 24, 2001, 01:44 PM
Norinco has a range for tourists at one of their plants in China. For a fee they will let you fire some of their products including machine guns and RPG-7s.

Brian Gibbons
April 24, 2001, 08:04 PM
Norinco is the state marketing agency. The guns are manufactered by the Chinese State Arsenals ... (Not that there is really a differance).

Rob Pincus
April 25, 2001, 11:50 AM
Those of you that can overlook the China connection should try out one of their new 870 copies.. these guns are cheap and sturdy. I picked one up while at SHOT and have put quite a few rounds through it already. Comes with decent Ghost ring sights and an 18.5" barrel standard. They are available to your dealer through Lew Horton Distributors.