View Full Version : GSG-5 Pistol

August 13, 2008, 02:49 PM
I just bought one from a gun show for $450.00, and I was wondering what I need to do to be able to put a retractable stock on it. As far as SBR laws go.

August 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
I believe you need a tax stamp for that... you should ask this question in the NFA section.

August 14, 2008, 05:19 AM
Im almost certain you can't. The serial number is registered as a pistol and theres no way to "convert" it to an SBR. If it was already a rifle receiver, then you could have registered it as a SBR and then upon getting the tax stamp, added the shorter length barrel.

If Im wrong Im sure someone will say so....;)

August 14, 2008, 08:48 AM
Fill out a form 1; jump through hoops with CLEO, FPs, pictures, etc (or set a trust);send the ATF&E $200.00 (and correctly filled out and blessed F1, all supporting documents, et al.); wait; when the stamp arrives, get stock and attach.



August 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
Ok thankyou very much for your help.

August 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yep, it just needs an approved form 1 and SBR tax stamp and then you can put a stock on it.

This is done with pistols regularly.

August 15, 2008, 10:52 AM
Yep, evan1293 is wrong. You could SBR a KelTec P3AT if you really wanted to.

August 15, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yep, evan1293 is wrong

Wasn't the first time either. :)

Thanks...you learn something new everyday.

August 19, 2008, 08:33 AM
Does the GSG pistol readily take a stock?

I saw a cool conversion on one of the forums where the guy took the GSG rifle and added the MP5 collapsible stock and the railed forend. He did a write up of the process, but I don't recall where.

August 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
I believe it does...its the same as the rifle, just an endcap on the buttstock end and a shorter barrel on the other :)