View Full Version : SBR

August 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
I'm interested in obtaining a short barreled AK semi. Is the $200.00 US transfer tax a one time expense? Who sells SBR semi-auto AKs?

August 2, 2008, 12:46 PM
Yes, the tax is a one time deal. I'm not sure where you might look to find a shorty AK.

August 2, 2008, 01:17 PM
Here's one place

Do a search for "Krinkov", although not all AK SBRs are really Krinks.


August 6, 2008, 11:42 PM
Phil at Innovative Arms can build you one. I played with the one linked below, it's pretty cool. He made the hand guard from scratch.


Link to homepage:


David Hineline
August 7, 2008, 02:18 AM
You have to start by living in a state where they are legal, then contact your local LE office to see if they will sign the forms for you.

If you can't pass those steps then it gets more involved.

Then get a local dealer and find a gun and order up.

August 10, 2008, 06:44 PM
Just in case it's not clear; The stamp is a "One Time Expense" for that Particular serial numbered item. It does not cover other SRB items in your inventory. Each NFA item requires its own Tax Stamp. :D