View Full Version : Can any automatic weapons be purchased with a c&r license?

January 18, 2008, 09:55 PM
i notice certain old Machine guns and submachine guns are classified on websites as c&r. does that mean they can be purchased with a c&r license or do they still have to go through the whole stamp process?

January 19, 2008, 09:08 AM
C&R machineguns can be transfered between C&R license holders without using a class 3 dealer. If I have a C&R Thompson and I sell it to a C&R holder in another state, I can ship him the gun without using a dealer, and thus paying his fee for the paperwork.

January 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
Just to clarify VUPD's post, you still have to go through the same NFA paperwork (complete form 4) as you would to buy any other NFA weapon or a machinegun, but as a C&R FFL holder you can transfer the gun directly to you, even from out of state, without going through a class 3 dealer.

January 19, 2008, 11:16 AM
thank you:)