PDA

View Full Version : S&W .32 Long Revolver Info Please?

Bob1911
December 14, 2007, 02:42 PM
I was just informed that my father is giving me my mother's S&W 6 shot .32Long revolver which he gave her for their wedding back in 55. It was in excellent condition with a b&w stag (he called it ivory) grips. The ser# is 2218xx and the markings under the barrel when the cylinder is open are a "U" with a 56969 under that and a 7 under this. Any information would be appreciated greatly.

Would this gun be good for Bullseye centerfire matches?

Thank you all in advance.

Bob

SDC
December 14, 2007, 04:11 PM
I'd need more info (barrel length, sights, finish) to know precisely what model you're looking at, but it sounds like a 32 Hand Ejector of some type. I don't think there would be any reason you COULDN'T use it for the centrefire portion in Bullseye, but there are probably a number of other revolvers that might serve you better in that discipline.

Bob1911
December 23, 2007, 10:26 PM
It has a 6" barrel, blued (black) finish in excellent condition (like new) and the rear sight is is adjustable for elevation and windage. Also the serial number has a K in front of it.

Do you have any idea of value? I had thought I had heard that it was a "k32 target" piece.

Jim Watson
December 23, 2007, 10:59 PM
You have just about struck gold.

They only made 3630 K-32s from 1947 to 1974 and they are worth a good deal of money. Like $3000+ if in top condition, although the stag grips are probably not original, which would detract from collector value.

Bob1911
December 24, 2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you for the information, is there any way to determine it's date of birth?

Bob

Jim Watson
December 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, but I don't have the reference book and do not think it is on the internet for free. If nobody here has one, ask on The High Road or the Smith & Wesson board.

http://www.thehighroad.org/
http://smith-wessonforum.com/groupee/forums

But woudn't you give your new wife a new gun? So 1955 should be close.

45-70
December 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
If those do happen to be original S&W grips, they are probably worth a great deal of money by themselves. Congrats on the good fortune.