View Full Version : H&R .32 Top Break

Double J
November 7, 2007, 09:28 AM
--I have an old .32 H&R Top Break revolver in the small frame that is 6 shot. It is in need of a new cylinder. But what I'm finding are 5 shot cylinders. Will the parts interchange?

November 7, 2007, 04:03 PM
No. You need the same cylinder. The 5 shot cylinder is likely to be narrower and not line its chambers up with the barrel. The hand, which turns the cylinder probably won't advance the new cylinder correctly, either. Indeed, the ejector may have a ratchet enough narrower that the hand doesn't push it at all.

Check your model number on the gun and see if they have the part you want here (http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=101)?

Double J
November 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
-- Well, that's part of the problem, as the gun is one of the unmarked models. Other than the H&R name/address there is only .32 S&W CRTGE stamped on the left side of the barrel. This may end as a curious garage wall ornament. It's my understanding these were made around 1904-1907, what I believe they called the "NEW" model, but there are no markings to go by.
--External, it resembles the Police, the Premire, or the Hammerless (except it has a hammer). The internals are different, so I'm at a loss of a proper description.

James K
November 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
I think the last person to try to figure out H&R's model name and number system jumped off the Tallahatchie bridge. Frankly, I doubt that the gun is worth bothering with, and what you would spend on a new cylinder is probably as much as the gun would be worth with the cylinder.


Double J
November 9, 2007, 11:48 AM
I think you may be right, Jim. It's a shame someone didn't toss in the gun too. I think "jumped" sounds better than "pushed", but yes, I agree.