PDA

View Full Version : Generation differences in baby Glocks

kristop64089
November 4, 2007, 11:40 AM
I am about to acquire a 1st gen G26. I have a 3rd gen G33.

What are the differences if any?

Thanks in advance

waudcutter
November 4, 2007, 11:41 AM
As far as I know there is only one generation of the subcompacts. All G26/27s are "first" generation in that they haven't been re-designed since being introduced.

The first generation Glocks had a smooth grip with no finger grooves, the second generation Glocks had a grip with molded in "checkering" or texturing if you will with no finger grooves. The third generation came out about the same time as the sub compacts and incorporated texturing, finger grooves and a thumb rest, which is what the G26 has.

John

kristop64089
November 4, 2007, 11:53 AM
Ok that makes more sense.

I didn't think there were. I just assumed mine was a 3rd gen(got that incorrect info from some idgit) I'm new to the world of Glock, so just wanted to clear up the Baby Glock stuff

JohnKSa
November 4, 2007, 06:01 PM
The first generation Glocks had a smooth grip with no finger grooves, the second generation Glocks had a grip with molded in "checkering" or texturing if you will with no finger grooves. The third generation came out about the same time as the sub compacts and incorporated texturing, finger grooves and a thumb rest, which is what the G26 has. The Glock generations are as defined as above, regardless of whether or not there have been revisions to the specific model in question.

Your G26 is definitely not a first generation gun--at least not in the conventional sense.

waudcutter
November 4, 2007, 06:27 PM
Ok. It's the first generation of the G26 built with third generation features.