View Full Version : BAR shock buff?

November 2, 2007, 02:23 PM
Sorry in advance for my ignorance of gun part names. I have a '68 BAR 30-06. I haven't shot it in a while. I trade out deer rifles in a yearly rotation and it's the 30-06's turn.

Any way I noticed some pieces of maybe....an amber colored plastic/rubber that is crumbling and falling out of the gun. I don't know what to call it other than a shock buff. It is located against the reciever, behind the spring under the wood fore arm. Maybe 3/16" thick or so, kinda horeshoe shape.

Does any one know where I can get one of these? Or should I make one myself? I have looked on line, but have been unable to locate one, probably because I don't know the proper name.

Thanks for any help.

November 2, 2007, 06:06 PM
Numrich has the buffers . jim