PDA

View Full Version : Bersa .45?

.38Catt
October 30, 2007, 06:29 PM
Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this firearm? I like the idea of owning and using a .45 for HD. I may purchase a 1911 in the future but for now, I'd like to consider a .45 that is not a 1911 and one that is not polymer. Any suggestions? I realize that this is really two questions in one.

Again my main question is concerning the Bersa .45. I have a Bersa .380, and it has been virtualy flawless with the original mag. Beyond the functioning of said handgun, can anyone comment on the quality of the metal and other materials used by Bersa?

Thanks in advance!

.38Catt

DannyAbear
October 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
I've had one for about a year now whithout any trouble whatever; it eats anything i feed it, and thats mostly my reloads. I think there were problems a couple of years ago with springs and extractors, but that has been corrected. It is a great 45 for the price; btw, bersa just lowered the price and now include 2 mags with it; extra mags run about $45.00; Check out "bersatalk.com' forum for info and reviews.

michael t
October 31, 2007, 12:11 AM
Go here and ask the owners. http://bersatalk.com

DBski
October 31, 2007, 01:39 PM
I have the Firestorm Mini 45, have not had any type of problems with it in regards to firing, ejection, feeding etc., the only problem is that the brass sometimes comes straight back at your face, so wear safety glasses and a cap.

OldShooter
November 3, 2007, 08:52 PM
I don't have actual first hand experience with the Bersa .45. I had a .380 which was great and went to the girlfriend for HD.

I was at the range today shooting falling plates and one of the other shooters was using a Bersa .45. He reported that the piece was accurate and reliable and he is thrilled with it. I was using my trusty CZ-97B which I am thrilled with. Some day I will be thrilled to own a 1911.

That polymer thing again. I have a SA XD9SC that has been absolutely dependable and accurate. I shoot falling plates with that too. Don't be afraid of polymer.

candr44
November 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
I have a Bersa compact .45 and I'm pleased with it. It isn't the most accurate .45 I have but it certainly is accurate enough for home defense.

It is also VERY reliable. I have put over 1000 rounds of all kinds of ammo through it to see if it would jam and also didn't clean it for a while but it has never jammed once. One other thing I have found from shooting different ammo is that it likes the 185 grain bullets the best. Especially the Georgia Arms 185 grain hollow points.

I think you will be pleased with a Bersa .45 for home defense. It is a good quality, very reliable, and inexpensive gun.

Now for the down side of it. After market products are very lacking to non existant. Springs, parts, and exspensive magazines are from Bersa only.