View Full Version : Help finding a barrel

September 19, 2007, 03:26 PM
Anyone know where I can get a breaching barrel for this shotgun?

September 19, 2007, 04:33 PM
I am not totally sure if it would work or not. Just try the standard 18.5 or 20" cyl. bore barrels and a breeching round. Hope this helps you out.

Smitty in CT
September 19, 2007, 08:03 PM
Mossberg makes one....

It's mounted on the "homeland defender" model that is sold by Ellett Btothers. The barrel winds up being 22 inches or so...


I doubt they would sell it seperately, though. Never hurts to call them and ask...

You could also try Tromix or RoyalArms they make "add-on" breachers.


September 19, 2007, 08:04 PM
I cannot remember where I saw it but just recently (past few days or so) I saw as breaching/stand-off device for a shotgun that attached to the end of the magizine tube. That way you aren't into the cost of a whole new barrel but the device provides for the necessary stand-off distance when breaching doors and the like. The best I can gather is that it was in "Special weapons for Military and police" magazine but like I said earlier I'm not totally sure. Try to google it. Sorry for the lack of details and good luck in finding it or a barrel.


Smitty in CT
September 19, 2007, 08:56 PM
Found a better pic....


September 19, 2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the help. I've had the shotgun for about 7 years now. I heard that Mossberg was making breaching barrels for them now but I can't find one anywhere. I sent an email to Mossberg but they haven't responded yet. A shorter barrel won't work due to the attachment point of the magazine tube. I also saw the article on the magazine tube stand off device but the end cap on the Mossberg 500 won't work with that device. From your responses it is obivous that Mossberg makes a barrel for it. It's just a matter of getting one without buying another shotgun.