PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Fire Storm

Bluebuck56
September 14, 2007, 10:37 AM
I got a offer to buy a 1911 Fire Storm for 150.00 bucks. It's only been shot a few times.I know these are a cheap version,but the price seems reasonable. Does any one have any experience with these guns.Are they bad at jamming or finikey on types of ammo used?

saltpepperPA
September 14, 2007, 11:02 AM
I've never owned one, but it seems like a great price, check around. I did read a little and they have had trouble with their thumb safety. It's not to hard for a smith to fix.

jimcorbin
September 14, 2007, 11:31 AM
I bought one about a year ago for a very cheap price. I like it and it is fun to shoot You will find that some parts from other 1911's will fit and others won't, (magazines will, but grips won't etc etc)). It shoots well and I have only had 1 ftf with it. I have only put about 1000 rounds thru it though. I did have the above mentioned thumb safety problem but I was able to fix that myself. For a $150 I would buy it and keep it in the truck or wherever you might need it. It's my fishing, camping, 4 wheeling, I don't care if it falls into the mud or lake gun.

saltpepperPA
September 14, 2007, 12:10 PM
"It's my fishing, camping, 4 wheeling, I don't care if it falls into the mud or lake gun."

Well said.

rellascout
September 14, 2007, 12:15 PM
It is not a true 1911 but for $150 it is what it is.

I would pass if it were me. Save a little money and get a RIA or Springer.

bfox
September 14, 2007, 06:50 PM
Hi
I would jump on that chance for $150 .
If you didn't like it I am sure you could sell it
for at least what you paid .

Bill

Bluebuck56
September 14, 2007, 07:39 PM
I hate to pass up a good deal, but I already have 5 pistols.I have to think about this one. I was wondering about the interchangablity of parts. At least the magazine is one of them. I had the same problem with a Pheonix 22. It had 3 safetys. One I had to disable and one I fixed twice as it would loosen up.

michael t
September 17, 2007, 12:17 AM
The 1911 Firestorm was made by Llama for Firestorm. So your really buying a Llama , Of course Llama is history .Is it worth a 150 only you can decide that. Springs and some parts are out their yet. Only real weak spot I found is plunger tube is screwed on and will come loose and break. and extractor broke at less the 300 rounds.

Silentarmy
September 17, 2007, 12:30 AM
You would have to PAY me $150 to take a Llama off your hands! Been down that road once! Nuff Said!