PDA

View Full Version : Sig P239?

BoneDigger
September 13, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'm looking at one of these and would like some comments, either good or bad.

I want to use it for a CCW. It's a little heavy, but size is about right. It's a 9mm. Comments?

Todd

Manedwolf
September 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
It's a SIG. It's good. :)

dwatts47
September 13, 2007, 02:01 PM
Have a two tone 239 .40, as well as many other SiGs.

I truly believe my stock 239 .40 to be an easier to shoot well, more accurate gun than my TJS customgunworks, west german 229 .40... plus it weighs much less.

This is my newest obtained sig, so I've only got around 3k rounds thru it.

AZGlock13
September 13, 2007, 06:22 PM
I have a P239 9mm DAK and I carry it in a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover Kydex IWB holster. It conceal carries very nicely (doesn't print much at all even wearing a thin t-shirt over it and is very comfortable to wear for long periods). I would highly recommend one. The pistol is very accurate as well, as was already mentioned.

Logs
September 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
I had one and traded for a 228 in 9mm, I thought it fit my hand better and it holds 13 rounds and is only slightly bigger.

M

Rinspeed
September 14, 2007, 08:11 AM
I love my 239. Hides quite easily in a Alessi Talon Plus or Sparks SS under a polo shirt. As dwatts said pistols this size aren't supposed to be so accurate. I own four Sigs and haven't seen a single malfunction with any of them.

AK103K
September 14, 2007, 06:23 PM
I have a P239 in 357SIG. Great pistol, but I wouldnt call it little. When compared to my P229, its really not all that different size wise, and the P229 carries 12/13 rounds. I'd suggest looking at both before you decide.

There is an easy solution though, and totally a SIG thing......you simply buy both, and duplicates of each to boot. :)

zeroskillz
September 15, 2007, 10:13 AM
If the size is right for you than go for it. I prefer to carry a 229, but it's size is 'right' for me.
The weight also doesn't really bother me. I carry it in a Milt Sparks VMII which I'd highly recommend--it's the most comfortable IWB holster I've found.
Sigs are great guns, very reliable.
Good luck with the choice, and I hope that helps.
-Ted

Tom2
September 15, 2007, 06:21 PM
I have a 239 9MM and I find it reliable, it does not shoot the small cloverleaf groups of magazine fame but is satisfactory in that regard. But today I picked up a CZ-75 compact in 9MM. Heavy little bugger, it is not the newer alloy version. But I could compare the ergonomics to a double stack Sig as well as the reputation and come out with more money in my pocket. Trigger pull is as good as a Sig easily, or better than some, and gun has a excellent rep. for accuracy. Will get it to the range asap and compare to the Sig. It is about the same size as the 239 with wood grips installed. Just less OOH AAH factor I guess as Sig has that Rolex reputation.

LH2
September 15, 2007, 09:36 PM
Love my P239 in .357 Sig. Hides well with good leather and feels right in the hand. Trigger is very nice as well.