PDA

View Full Version : Px4storm... what do you think?

Dannyboy303
September 12, 2007, 04:59 AM
I have just bought a Px4storm by beretta in 40S&W. Being my first owned pistol i was pretty excited to take it down the paddock and bust out some rounds...
Was great fun and will be good for shooting feral pigs. Just one problem i have is how will i keep the shells for reloading? $40 a box of 50 is the going rate which is far too dear for me. Do they make anything that will attatch to the side and catch the shells? is it even worth looking into? thanks. Dan

FS2K
September 12, 2007, 06:39 AM
Very nice! I was reading up on the compact version they came out with in Guns and Ammo magazine. Sweet looking piece!

I've never used a shell catcher on a handgun before so I can't help you there.Sorry.

ATW525
September 12, 2007, 07:21 AM
No idea how well it works, but you might want to try this (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=119933).

PointOneSeven
September 12, 2007, 04:31 PM
When in the woods, I recover about 25% of my brass from the .40. The rest ends up lost in the shrubbery and grass. Even with the shiney now-once-fired-brass it's hard to find. My crappy reloads I can forget about it :), too dirty by the 4-5th reloading.

Hunting only requires a few rounds, not too much brass to lose. Finding open space for target practice will net you a five foot circle of brass when you're done: not too much work to pick up, especially if you throw a tarp down first.

Congrats on the purchase, sweet pistol, eh?

meirvin
September 12, 2007, 10:02 PM
Hello, new member here

Now I grew up with a 22 rifle, 410 and bb guns shooting everyday,me and my young stupid friends would go shooting and even got into reloading for a bit.

I had a 92f back a couple years after it came out yes that long ago, sold it after a negligent discharge in the house only my last sec decision to point it at the outside wall reduced the catastrophe. And never picked up a guns since.

Well today i went and rented the PX-4 as I really liked how it felt in my hand over most all others I held, put my target up ran it all the way to the end. And the first shot was dead on head shot, i pretty much could put a group any where i wanted both shoulders, Crouch and critical center.

But the slide kept locking in the open position, i had to reach with the thumb and release it to continue, i mean like every 3-4 shot.

The gun shot great but I guess my hand was nudging the slide release during firing and it was catching during cycling.

does this mean the gun is most likely not for my hand or just that I need to work on the position of the hand.

thanks for any input

JohnKSa
September 13, 2007, 01:32 AM
meirvin,

A slimline slide release lever is availabel for the PX4. Perhaps it might help the situation?