PDA

View Full Version : Can Taurus Pt 92 Use Beretta 92 Mags.?

gunner79
September 10, 2007, 07:28 PM
Can Taurus Pt 92 OR PT-99 Use Beretta 92 Mags.? Are The Taurus SEMI AUTOS Junk Or Are They Ok

hoytinak
September 10, 2007, 07:33 PM
Taurus will use Beretta mags, while the Beretta will not use the Taurus mags, unless you do a little grinding. The reason is the mag catch is different.

I actaully prefer the Taurus 92 over the Beretta 92 just for the safety placement.

Don Lu
September 10, 2007, 07:35 PM
Taurus PT92 are very excellent guns...many even like them more than the Beretta. I have very limited expirience w/the Beretta (but I have shot them). My PT is very accurate, comes in a design that Beretta doesnt make, has a better saftey location and has never had one malfunction of any kind plus, it was almost 200.00 less than the Beretta. The only the the Taurus doesnt have is the Beretta name.

rugerdude
September 10, 2007, 08:43 PM
The Taurus is a beretta 92 made on beretta machines with beretta patents. The difference is the saftey placement and about 200 bucks.

From what I understand, beretta was going to produce guns for Brazil and they started a factory there. After a while beretta decided to move and the factory, machines, and patent rights ended up with Taurus, who tinkered with the saftey placement and is still producing a great pistol.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WONG! I just realized that I can't remember where I read that, and that's never a good sign.:o

Anyway, regardless, the taurus is a good gun. I don't know about mags though.

ranburr
September 10, 2007, 09:13 PM
Rugerdude, here is your correction. Beretta won a military and police contract with the Brazilian govt. The gun was the original 92 which had the frame mounted safety. Part of the deal was that they would build the guns in Brazil. When the contract ran out, Beretta sold the factory, machinery, and rights to Taurus.

Don Lu
September 10, 2007, 09:27 PM
so...in closing, the Taurus is a Beretta wit a better saftey position for 200.00 less ?!? Ill take it !

IM_Lugger
September 10, 2007, 10:50 PM
I like Taurus but it's not the same gun as Beretta, fit and finish isn't as good.

And Taurus is not $200 less. Berettas go for $450-475 or less so that would make Taurus $250-275? Maybe a used one but a new one will be more than that...

KChen986
September 10, 2007, 11:28 PM
Buds Gun Shop has Tauri 92's listed as $391, while Beretta 92's as $501. So about a hundred dollars less, w/ a frame mounted safety.

Manedwolf
September 11, 2007, 02:04 AM
The Taurus is a beretta 92 made on beretta machines with beretta patents. The difference is the saftey placement and about 200 bucks.

Well, originally, yes. Now they're all CNC manufacturing, that was over thirty years ago. :)

I much prefer the Taurus design. I can thumb the big frame safety off from a normal firing grip. It's impossible to do with the Beretta's small, high slide-mounted safety.

Don Lu
September 11, 2007, 05:41 AM
Berettas in my area dont typically go for 450-500.00, actually, Ive never seen that..Buds prices are not standard they tend to bit much lower than what I see . Here in metro ATL the Beretta goes for between 550-600 and the Taurus goes for 370-425. A difference of about 200.00.

awpk03s
September 11, 2007, 11:17 AM
Beretta mags will not work in Taurus. Taurus mags should work in a Beretta. I have a Taurus PT92 and inherited some M9 mags, and they did not fit - would require some grinding on the catch to work.