PDA

View Full Version : xd 45 best place to buy in Ohio?

ooreach
September 9, 2007, 09:29 AM
Hello... My name is Rick....and I'm.........a gun addict.:)'

Ok, I admit it...dam*it! ok I admit it.
I'm going through dt's...
it's been over 1 year since I purchased a firearm.... I've been soooooo good, but now it's time. As I explained to my wife, as she rolled her eyes,
" Honey, it's like those gosh darn shoes you like to buy. You don't need more then one pair at a time, but each has it's own personality and usefulness and darn it, babe, it's been so long and my other guns are so lonely for a few friend."
sorry, couldn't resist. I'm in the market and have been patiently waiting for XD to shrink there 45 to the 3 inch and I'm tired of waiting, but instead of just calling the normal 3 places I buy . WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET THE MOST "BANG" FOR THE BUCK?
also looking for a tel tek .380, too. :o

jkurtz7
September 10, 2007, 11:15 AM
ooreach,

Have you looked at the Twinsburg Gander Mountain? I don't really know of any other place thats close to you. There is also Pro Gun on Front street in Cuyahoga Falls if your willing to drive over there.
Another suggestion would be to go to the next Summit County gun show (Sept. 22nd-23rd) and check with BBC Weapons Armory. They are always at the Summit show and have some of the best prices around. I've bought many guns from them. If you go to their table ask for Karen.

Lately I have noticed that some of the dealers I buy from do not have very good pricing anymore. There are not many good deals on new guns here in NE Ohio. BBC Weapons should have the best price on the XD. I don't know if they even carry the Kel-tec though. If you would like more info on BBC Weapons feel free to email me. They only work the gun shows or you can make an appointment with them to view inventory at their home.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

MyXD40
September 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
I paid $449 for my all black XD40 at sportsmans warehouse. Brand new of course. Check them out if you have them out there..

jkurtz7
September 10, 2007, 11:48 AM
We have no Sportsmans Warehouse stores in Ohio.

Jeremy

ooreach
September 10, 2007, 04:44 PM
i;ve found gun shows prices pretty current with gun shops but what the heck...as good a reason to check this one out. haven't been to one in a while. only thing i don't like about gander mountain in Twinsburg, my home town, is there is a little card that you need to fill out so they keep track of purchases made in there city. Honestly, i'm not worried about them knowing what I have, I'm an Aux police officer for a near by city, but I still think thats an invasion of privacy.

quickcanary
September 10, 2007, 05:27 PM
Are you opposed to ordering online? Paying for the FFL transfer does take a bite out of the deal, but in my case ordering my NIB Glock online was much cheaper than buying locally even after paying the transfer fee.

ooreach
September 10, 2007, 05:35 PM
i should try online, if i ever got the para i'd probably save some bucks but mabey i'll even try it with the 45xd. good idea. :cool:

mbott
September 10, 2007, 07:41 PM
Vance's in Columbus has the stainless XD 45 with three mags, XD Gear and a box of .45 ACP JHPs for $489.99 ... according to their flyer, anyway. See Flyer. (http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf)

--
Mike

fairview mick
September 11, 2007, 06:07 PM
For the last four years, I've been buying from Rich at B&T Sporting goods in Middleburgh heights ohio. Along with prices that are usually better than Gander, he's probably one of the best armorers in the state, perhaps the STATES. Their phone number is 440-234-2425. Give them a shot. They're great. Drop my name when you go in. He even got me a Les baer-better price than anyone I contacted.
Mickey

SKM&P9
September 12, 2007, 01:19 AM
+1 for Rich at B & T. Great guy, great work. Also, if you don't mind the drive, Fin and Fur in Ashland has a huge selection, and I've yet to find lower prices.

jkurtz7
September 12, 2007, 09:39 AM
+ 1 on Fin and Fur. Great prices all the time and a good selection. It is a bit of a drive though.

Jeremy

rvito
September 22, 2007, 05:37 PM
1+ For B&T, Great folks to deal with and their Lorain Ohio Store has an indoor Range