PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75B Semi compact

BredanSIG
September 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
Does anyone here have a Semicompact 75B? What has been your experince with it and how does it compare with other 75B models? For the longest time I have wanted to have a CZ 75B collection consisting of the Compact, Semicompact and full size model.

LUPUS
September 6, 2007, 06:10 PM
Semicompact CZ75B is a version with a shorter slide and standard grip size.
I did not own one of them, but shot twice. Since its grip size is as exactly the same as full size models, it does not make any difference during holding, but during shooting I felt a little bit more recoil compared to my full size model, but I supposed that it was such kind of subjective feeling rather than a positive one. Also, its shorter sight radius did not affect the practical accuracy charecteristics, IMHO.
Anyway, I like the full size models or the compacts much more than the semicompacts which are giving me an irrational feel of an unpropotionally designed pistol.
Best.

10-96
September 6, 2007, 06:24 PM
About a year ago, I bought the CZ75 D PCR for off-duty carry. It does not properly take the same magazine as my full size 75D. And, I haven't warmed up to the loaded chamber indicator- which is very similar to the ones that Star came out with on the Super B back in '46. But anyhow, I guess that I can say with full convition that if I didn't feel that I could trust it with my life- then I wouldn't be carrying it. I love the little booger.

tekarra
September 6, 2007, 07:31 PM
The semicompact is really a compact slide on a full size frame. It feels a little different from the full size when fired, but not significant.

I have a compact, semicompact and full size and shoot them all regularly. Like all cZs, the semicompact is a fine shooter so byuy one to complete your collection.

JWT
September 6, 2007, 07:53 PM
Have a CZ75 D PCR and love the gun. It's very solid and feels great in my hand. Shoots any ammo I've tried to feed it. An outstanding gun for the money in all respects.

CraCZ
September 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
I maybe wrong on this but I think I read somewhere that the semi-compact was only made in 1994. Of course you can always mix and match. Yea it is the Blue Book of Guns where I read that. Just confirmed it.