PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the Springfield 1911s gone?

spyderdude
September 5, 2007, 04:47 PM
I went out looking for a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded in Stainless, and I can't find one anywhere. The only one I found was a Black Stainless for $1,049, and that's more than I'm willing to pay, as I find they usually go for 800-900 dollars. I found mostly Kimbers and S&W 1911s. The S&Ws look nice, but I've always been partial to Springfield. I hear mixed reviews about Kimbers, but they are very nice pistols. Maybe I should just order online and have it transfered to my FFL dealer. :rolleyes: This sucks!

grymster2007
September 5, 2007, 05:09 PM
My brother just bought the Springfield, Loaded in SS. I think it was about $1200 from a place in little ol' Ripon, CA.

45reloader
September 5, 2007, 05:20 PM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_24

BigJimP
September 5, 2007, 05:23 PM
I don't see much of anything in stock - at my local dealers in 1911's other than Kimber ( a few Sig Revolutions, a few springfield, etc ) but not much around. To get what you really want - I think you will have to have a dealer call the distributor for you and just order it.

There are lots of the "stryker guns out there in inventory" .......to melt into a major tupperware tidal wave .......but that isn't on my want list either. It is frustrating.

WSM MAGNUM
September 5, 2007, 05:52 PM
To get what you want these days, you have to have the dealer order the products you want or order it yourself. Most dealers do not stock product like they used to because of the internet wholesalers. When I bought my Kimber, the dealer had to order mine. And I also had to wait about 3 weeks for Kimber to build it.

Manedwolf
September 5, 2007, 07:47 PM
Plenty of Springfield stainless 1911s at shops in NH...

Were just some at a show this weekend, too. I watched a Mass buyer be told he couldn't have one.